1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wade broke Bryant's nose

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 27, 2012.

1. VBG

VBG Member

I don't feel like he was trying to injure him or do anything like that. He was just trying to stop getting dunked on. Yeah he was mos def salty.

But I just try and put myself in his position. I would be a lil annoyed if I was hacked and nothing was called and would stick my hand out if Kobe tried to dunk on me.

Did you not enjoy the 4th quarter when the East really started playing hard and Lebron and Deron Williams started making plays and brought the team back? I thought that was awesome to watch when they started playing like they wanted to win.

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

All-Star game, your not supposed to get injured. When players are slightly injured they stay away from All-Star game because it is not an important game. Ever since Wade did that Miami Heat introduction with Lebron and Bosh, I didn't like him since. Two egomaniacs hurting the other, I love it. I wished they were fighting, I want to see more blood spill. Both players need some humble pie.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Wade didn't want to get dunked on, then stop Kobe away from the basket. If he beats you and is going to dunk (in All-Star game) just try and get it back at the other end, and play tougher D next time.

I understand Wade wasn't trying to hurt anyone, but it's still a move that a good sport wouldn't do at an all-star game.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well as i said in another post i agree i don't think he was trying to hurt him, but he was trying to send a message and thats my argument. Yes i loved the 4th quarter intensity but it was and should of been for wade intensity with a smile. Playing hard yes, but just for fun.

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I hope someone fouls Wade real hard in the playoff and gives that guy a concussion. Can't stand him.

6. VBG

VBG Member

I just don't like people acting as though it was a thug move. It was just a regular basketball play.

And I love how the opening post completely ignored the fact that Wade said Kobe is one of the greatest players of all time.

"Tonight, he does what he normally does," Wade said of Bryant. "He got 27. He's Kobe Bryant. He scores the ball. He's a tough cover. But it's great being a little piece of history. He's one of the best of all time. We will one day say we had the honor of playing against one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball."

People just love hating too much. It's ridiculous.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Man, cant believe so many are being little wussies about this. That whole exchange was straight Old School. Loved it. "Buddy-buddy" NBA slowly going by the wayside.

1 person likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

bro...Pete Rose separated Ray Fosse's shoulder on an "good, aggressive play in an attempt to win an All-Star." The dude missed about 40 games because of it. There is no reason for Rose to try to bull over a catcher like that in an All-Star game, because even with all the pads, the dude likely isn't ready for it in such a game.

Similarly, that's why we are saying Wade should not try to stop a clear path like that. Fluke injuries can happen...and that only increases the likelihood of it happening, especially when Kobe likely wasn't expecting regular season contact...like Fosse wasn't expecting it.

We agree with you for real games, but not this.

#68 heypartner, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Dirty play by dirty player.

F him. Hopefully karma strikes back.

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The only ball he was going for was Kobe's bald head:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BKeiXktTvN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I personally loved the intensity towards the end of the game. People keep complaining about all star games in the NBA and the NFL, but when the players finally start playing hard, y'all b**** about it? What a bunch of hypocrites. Random post in the all star thread, "All star games suck, the players don't even care, I'm not gonna watch anymore."

Wade gives a hard foul to Kobe, and now it's "Wade is such a douche, I hope he gets injured, why would he do that in an all star game? It's just an all star game, it doesn't matter, wade is the biggest jerk ever."

Grow up. That 2nd half was the best all star game to me in recent memory.

Also, props to Wade for not caring. If I foul someone in a pick up game, I'll see if they're ok. If someone starts fouling me or running their mouth, I'll foul the **** out of them next time they try to take it inside the paint. Tired of the all star game looking like an alley oop drill.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i hate the rapist and actually like wade. but wade should be suspended at least a couple games for that.

13. VBG

VBG Member

... Is this a serious post? I really hope you're joking.

Even my friends who don't care about basketball were jumping around during the 4th quarter of the all star game. Definitely one of the most fun to watch all star games in a long time.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know how your friends jumping around would be relevant to anything in this thread or on this bbs for that matter, but wade made no play on the ball and hit the guy directly in the face resulting in a fracture >>> it seems normal protocol that some sort of suspension would ensue...

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

[​IMG]

Wade got both hands on the ball so its clear that he was making a play on the ball and not Kobe's head.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

hah screw kobe.

wade>kobe

17. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

LOL some of these comments are funny. Can you imagine if that was one of our players like Kyle Lowry or Kevin Martin (if they actually did make an all star game) taking a hit like that? The outrage on these boards would have been tremendous.

But since it's the hated Kobe Bryant, it's ok for that kind of contact to occur in pretty much an exhibition game. Hell, if it was anybody else but Kobe, I'm sure there would have been a bigger reaction. Some of you can't see in two perspectives.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

don't think so. That photo is way too blurry, so let's just deduce this:

First, how did Kobe's nose get hit with such force, if both Wade's hands were on the ball.

B) If Wade hit the ball with both hands while imparting enough force to break Kobe's nose, how did Wade fail to knock the ball out of Kobe's hands. A tie-up wouldn't have broken someone's nose.

2nd to last) The smart play to stop a basket from behind without risking the FAIL And-1 is to wrap up the arms, not go for the ball. Wade's trying to wrap up the arms not go for the ball and nailed Kobe in the face instead.

iv) The first replay is the better view (not yours) and the right hand clearly does not hit the ball. The left hand hits Kobe's shoulder and arm.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares?

It was an all star game, I can't believe so many people still watch that crap.

What a waste of a good Sunday evening - the NBA all star game is the biggest ****ing joke of any sporting event in the world.

Just an utter waste of time, it is lower than the Oscars - another bunch of people slapping each other on the back for show.

If Kobe got his nose broken, big deal, the dude has been a prick his whole career....bout time someone punched his punk ass in the schnozz.....too bad it was an all star game....

DD

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yeah, sorry, but you're wrong.

Kobe wasn't hit by Wade's hands. Wade's hands were on the ball. Kobe was hit by Wade's right forearm.

You need to watch the video again, specifically start at the 15 second mark. You'll see that both of Wade's hands make contact with the ball.