1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VY, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by thegary, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

yeah UH sucked monkey balls, they never produced any NBA greats at all.

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

hey, i think you are a generally a great poster, but, if you want to step outside, okay by me.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think VY has alot of members of this forum's mouth wrapped around his reproductive organ.

It's real scary.

I mean. I LOVE VY. He is great. But dude plays for a team that doesn't say Houston in front of the jersey. (or texans, whatever).

Great, he's from Houston. Great, he played for UT. He went to Madison. I know alot of you guys can relate going to Madison or a Madison type of school.

you know what, Woody Williams is from Houston. Thurman Thomas is from Houston, Rashard Lewis is from Houston. TJ Ford is from Houston, Josh Beckett is from Houston, Damon Jones is from Houston, Carl Crawford is from Houston, but I don't see you guys loading up KY Jelly up your asses for them.

I root for these guys to do well, because they're from my backyard, except when they go up agaisnt a Team that says Houston on their Jersey.

Simple as that. The only team I cheer for that doesn't have Houston on the front of the jersey is a team called the Red Wings.

It's all about the name on the front of the jersey, not on the back of him.

That name stays on the jersey forever (most of the time, unless they relocate, but that's different) but the name on the back may be there for four years, or ten years, or twenty years, but the name on the front will ALWAYS be there.

So feel free to grab your ankles, cause you people really seem to enjoy it.

4. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

All of the jokes about anal sex are so fresh.

I think the fact that Vince Young is one of the greatest players in college football history has something to do with this situation. The Texans miraculously had the first pick in the draft the year this insane, hometown talent was coming out of college. The Texans are a miserable franchise, and had a chance to add a once in a lifetime talent at quarterback.

It's not just that he's from Houston, it's the whole picture of the Texans passing on him.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Hmm... I guess this is a joke?? :confused: But the greatest American athlete is Lebron James and it is not very close.

[​IMG]

He's arguably the best player in his league (unlike Vince Young) and he is younger than Vince, as well.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I wanted the Texans to draft Vince Young.

I never was a Bush guy, I thought he was all ESPN Hype Machine...and he was.

If we didn't get Young, Then I would have been okay with Bush, but Bush turned to be a flake.

Williams has atleast done something.

That win agaisnt the Giants was more of the Giants giving the game away, but hey, atleast Vince capitalized on it. Not sure if David Carr would have.

8. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

Post has been reported. Good day.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

wait...he SHOULD be losing to teams like the Texans...and the Giants. and he's not.

That's part of the point, macalu....the guy is a rookie. Even his most ardent supporters...me, included...didn't think he'd even be starting games at this point in his career. He's started 8, and the team is 4-4 in his starts.

The Texans SHOULD have beaten the Titans the last time. They didn't. They should definitely beat the Titans at Reliant...I'm guessing they'll be favored. But I'm not real optimistic.

10. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

Exactly. He wasn't even supposed to start this early. Turns out, he does start and ends up leading one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history.

I'm gonna go beyond Max here. I expect Vince to dismantle the Texans in Houston, where I hope he will have the support of the home crowd.

GO VINCE, GO TITANS

11. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah, the wonderlic sure mattered against the giants. I think some people care about the wonderlic because its the only thing they probably can do better than some of these athletes. hey vy is making millions and becoming a star, but I scored better on my SAT. you keep letting that put you to sleep at night. we all care.

13. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

He was referring to your hungering vagina.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So are posts/threads about why the Texans should have drafted Vince Young. They just never get old or redundant...

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

he is starting because billy Volek is an idiot.

he is starting because Kerry Collins is a racist and sucks.

If Steve McNair was there, I doubt he would be starting, unless McNair Broke all of his ribs, both legs, his arms, his spleen, his kidney, his groin muscle, his feet, ankles, and wrist. Even if he broke/tore/ripped his body, McNair might still start.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Awesome.

17. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Bob Mcnair is an idiot. Just sell the franchise. He looks like the biggest fool.

18. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

are you familiar with psychological projection?

19. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

20. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

he is 4-4 as a starter with a team worse then ours