1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VY, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by thegary, Dec 1, 2006.

1. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I think their chicken strip basket is a good deal.

2. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I dont think it was a problem at the Summit when the Rockets kicked ass.

3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, the playing of the KY and knee pads cards got me a little spooked.

4. Buck Turgidson

I hear ya, and if you have kids & all I guess there's no avoiding the concessions, but I've been to a dozen or so games & never eaten there, so I wouldn't know.

I've always wondered why there's not a taco stand concept or something: fast, cheap, easy to prepare & virtually impossible to screw up if you start with decent ingredients. At stadium prices...5-6 bucks for a couple of asada/chicken soft tacos. There's 5000 taquerias in Houston that have figured this out, why not at sporting events?

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Why didn't they sell Dreamshakes at The Summit?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL!!!!!

7. tinman

Supporting Member

maybe its the NBA > NFL + MLB for food consessions

I went the nuggets game and they had frozen custard.
    so I expect when some outoftowner goes to the Rockets game, they expect a decent bar-q sandwich or such.

if you spend $$$$ on the football game, you deserve better than Lemon Chills.

8. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

Close enough, but I think it is actually 11 tds in last 8 games :). I think one of those TDS came before he was starter.

9. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

10. underoverup

underoverup Member

at any point in his career has carr been 4-4 or better; has he ever had a winning record? :confused:

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

me too ;)

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

2002 - 1-0
    2003 - 1-0

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Are you saying VY is a good option for someone who wants to win their fantasy football league? Is it haterism or is it the truth? Come on. I'm in a competitive league with 10 teams, we all put in $100 and VY is a free agent right now as he probably is in most leagues.

I guess playing him against the Texans isn't too far fetched for someone who has QB issues, but still. Come on.

15. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I'd take VY over Carr any day, but that isn't saying much.

16. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

I don't love Vince, but the rest of this I agree with. I have nothing against VY, but just seeing this crazy man love that people have for him makes me root for him to fail. It's pathetic that this VY love has driven me to that.

I just don't understand how people can love one player over a team. At A&M, we obviously haven't had a VY-stature player. The closest thing to him that we have had recently is Dat Nguyen. When Dat played for the Cowboys, my Cowboy hate was as great as ever. I did not become a Cowboy fan because of Dat Nguyen. When Hakeem came back to Houston in a Toronto uniform, I did not root against the Rockets that day. As much as I love Hakeem (my favorite basketball player ever), my love for the Rockets supercedes my love for Hakeem Olajuwon. If we had interleague play in the early 1990's, I would not have rooted for the Texas Rangers against the Astros just because Nolan pitched for the Rangers.

In my book, to the city of Houston, VY is not greater than Hakeem nor is he greater than Nolan. Mind you Nolan and Hakeem actually ACHIEVED for the City of Houston. Vince hasn't done anything for the city of Houston except for growing up here. Yes he was great at UT, but UT is not Houston just like A&M is not Houston. If we can value team over individual in the case of both Hakeem and Nolan, I don't see any logical reason why people abandon the team in favor of Vince Young.

Maybe I don't see what others do...

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I still root for Cassell cause he's legend.
    I would root for Hakeem to dunk in Cato's face.
    I would root for Rudy T to have success.

Never has Hakeem performed like Juwan Howard. So I root for Hakeem.

I would DEFINETLY root for Nolan Ryan against the Astros, I would hope he no hits us for screwing him over for a measly 1million.

think about it, A-ROB got 250 mill, and we let a legend go for 1 mill.
    Shame.

Whatever dude, most people from Houston go to UT or A&M for college cause they are better schools than UH. If UH was so great, it would be vice versa.

Vince reps Houston. Anyone who wears a Sam Cassell Jersey to a party deserves Clutchfan love.

You dont understand, that Rockets team with Rudy T and Dream.
    They SAVED THE ENTIRE CITY FROM DESTRUCTION.

We owe them. We owe them EVERYTHING.

18. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Heh... yup... troll.

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i don't think Carr is the answer at QB for the Texans, but if there is one game that I hope he excels in, it's against the Titans. Beat Tennessee and they can tank the rest of this season for all i care. If for nothing else but to just have all the VY sackriders come up with excuses...since you know, God can't possibly lose a game to the Texans, can he?

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You can't be a Wonderkid if you can't pass your Wonderlics!