1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vox] [wuhan] many believe conspiracy theory about a lab

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Why not both?

malakas likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think I can really know the answer. I can only know by trusting authority, and it's pretty hard to discern in this which are the trustworthy authorities. But, I also don't think it matters at all to me. I don't need to have a firm opinion on how it came to be. I know it is here and we need to contend with it.

Even if it was made as a bio weapon by the Chinese, Trump still wouldn't deserve less criticism. If anything, in addition to being slow on response, he'd also be weak on defense!

tinman and Newlin like this.
  3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

This is a distraction leaked by the Big Bat industry. There was growing momentum to finally do something about nature's little bio-weapon drones. Bats suck and I blame comic books for making people think otherwise. How the hell is The Batman the hero and The Penguin the villain?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

this is not how Trump's zombies think though

ROXTXIA likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep. Now if China was already prepared to deploy a highly expensive vaccine that only they could create... maybe I'd buy into this theory a bit more. Complete destruction of the global economy without any real solution for literally years benefits nobody.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

They design it, purposely release it and lost control. We may never know.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I will solve this for all. I am off to find my 20 sided die. I will give it a roll and let everyone know if CV is human made or not.

JuanValdez likes this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Nature* or a reality TV show star? That is really a tough call. I mean people are saying that they can not believe how much science Trump can understand.

* Nature is a British multidisciplinary scientific journal, first published on 4 November 1869.[1] It is one of the most recognizable scientific journals in the world, and was ranked the world's most cited scientific journal by the Science Edition of the 2018 Journal Citation Reports and is ascribed an impact factor of 43.070,[2] making it one of the world's top academic journals.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It could have come from a lab and from a bat.

malakas and Astrodome like this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes! A lab bat.

It’s all coming together. It all makes perfect sense. Many will believe this.

12. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

just means that 30% of the population are easily brainwashed by anything FauxNews puts on the air.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Pretty much this. I dont have the authority or experience to give an opinion. If anyone asked me this on a serious note, I would likely select the most absurd option.

Polls like this is what leads to wars found in Iraq.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm open to the idea that researchers from that lab got infected by mistake. I don't trust Chinese scientists following ethics or safety protocols.

I don't think CV is human made though.

malakas, Astrodome and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Counterpoint:

dc rock likes this.
  16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's that hard to discern if you take the time to understand the science behind it for yourself, even for something this complicated to the avg person. I know most people wouldn't care to and as you said, why even care or need to know... and why is this even important... Phew.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Just thinking of the epistomology of it, understanding the science does not mean you don't nevertheless rely on authority. I can read the Nature article and understand it. But I'm still not the one decoding the genetic code, so it's still knowledge by authority. I do trust Nature, whether they deserve it or not.

But if you trust Nature's finding, that's still only part of the answer. They say it is probably not engineered. That still doesn't tell you if it was wild or farmed. Doesn't tell you if it was released in a market or a lab. Doesn't tell you if it was an accident or on purpose. Doesn't tell you if misinformation was petty or malicious. Doesn't tell you if export was accidental or intentional. Doesn't tell you if the WHO was misled about the nature of the virus or the Trumper was misled about the understanding WHO had. Doesn't tell you if Trump actually read Navarro's memo (or the abstract at least) or not. I have ideas of what's likely right, but I might be wrong on some of these things. But insofar that people offer these theories to persuade me that Trump's inactivity in February was forgivable, I'm just saying it doesn't matter. If he did the wrong things, there is no explanation that can make it okay.

malakas and Astrodome like this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Uh............think?!

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I heard it came from a baseball bat

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member