1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote of Confidence - Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 20, 2011.

?

Vote of Confidence - Would you keep or fire Daryl Morey

1. "Confident" - I'd keep Daryl Morey

297 vote(s)
    83.2%
  2. "No Confidence" - I'd fire Daryl Morey

60 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't made up my mind. ;-)-

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is the most rational reaction.^^^ Well thought out. It is a big move and it deserves to see where it goes first and what the strategy is. If we dont like it? Then this might be a reason to show some complaining. Right now its neither bad or good. So thats why you cant judge either way.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I dunno why people want him gone.

This Adelman situation does not outweigh all the positive things Morey has done.

/thread.

4. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I think his plan is to tank, even if he can't say it. 2011-12 is going to be a painful season to watch: the basketball will be ugly and we're going to lose. The earliest reliable chance of finding a good player has to be the 2012 draft.

I fully expect Chuck to be back as C, but, if they get a tall defensive center to continue in 'win now' mode, I agree... I'd have no clue what the plan is :confused: :confused:

5. Geaux Rockets

Geaux Rockets Member

This post is really bad. First of all, Morey is building this team to win big over the long haul, not try to squeak out a 5 or 6 seed the next year, every year. Next year's results will be irrelevant, we're trying to rebuild and Im more concerned with being GREAT in 2-3 years than slightly above average next year. Second of all, how the hell do you know the philosophy is flawed? It hasn't even been put into full practice yet! One of the main reason Adelman was let go was because he wouldn't make much use of Morey's "quantitative analysis" which is the basis for Morey's philosophy. So until we have a coach that will use Morey's philosophies, we have no idea how it will look on the court.

6. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

You guys are insane.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

This isnt too shocking. This is what I/we just read when Adelman wasnt retained. Although I swear, I'd guess at least 80-90% of the people also agreed with Clutch's article. Maybe I'm just confused.

Anyhow, Morey is to blame for the firing of Adelman and many would simply rather have Rick over Morey if given the choice. People are upset Rick had to pay the consequences for Morey's incompetence. I mean who wants a chubby cheeks stats geek, who sits around all day crunching numbers, lies to the media, treats players like assets instead of humans, cant lure in any top free agents or superstars, and frankly has done absolutely nothing outside of being awful and setting this franchise back years!? Who wants that guy?:confused: /sarcasm on my part. Yes there are obviously people who feel this way.

8. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Can't believe the knee jerk reaction. Morey has done a fine job with what he's been dealt.

Not thrilled about Adelman leaving, but honestly we're wasting his talent here and he's not getting any younger.

This is a star driven league, and they don't just fall out of the sky very often. Unfortunately our stars just can't/couldn't stay healthy.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Nice poll with perfect timing to show the true colors of some fans. It makes me feel better about supposedly bashing and calling them out. When they are this dumb they deserve to be called out.

1 person likes this.
  10. deshen

deshen Member

The main credit that I would give to Morey would be the hiring of Rick adelman. Now Adelamn is gone, this team will have significant change again with incoming new coach, this could be either in roster or the style of play. A few more years is ahead of us to play lottery.

Can not be more disappointed than this. :mad:

11. thething

thething Contributing Member

It seems like the people who are posting here are the ones who voted to keep Morey (myself included). Morey's not perfect but he seems to know what he's doing, his moves are solid, and he has a plan to get the Rockets to be a championship contender.

Where is the over 50% that want him gone? Who would be a better GM that is available?

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am upset with the Adelman firing. But I still want to keep Morey. He has done a good job. He could have done a better job in the human aspects. But he's still young and he'll learn. I blame the firing on Alexander. I have zero confidence in him at this point.

13. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

1) Why would you want to let go of a proven coach that got you winning seasons with almost no talents. And with the awful CHANGE Morey has made in the last 2 yrs. (30 trades). Morey has been changing the roster like there no tomorrow. Sorry excuse to say we want CHANGE. Morey, you have been free to make your changes.

2) Why would you want to let go of a proven coach who has nurture and build up young talents like CBud, Pat, Scola, Lowry, Hayes, and Brooks?

3) Morey is an EPIC FAIL as a rookie GM. GM who failed to deliver a championship team also use rebuilding as an excuse. Every year, incompetent failed GMs will try to rebuild/tank in order to land top picks. Morey is following the Clippers way.

Morey is either too incompetent or too cheap.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Fair weather fannism is alive and well on clutchfans, you guys are hilarious.

15. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

Yeah...dumb people are too dumb to use facts to defend their positions. So dumb people always use name calling like calling other people dumb as their FACTS....pathetic!!!

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

30 trades, huh?

If you're gonna criticize Morey and call out people dumb or pathetic for not agreeing with you, at least get you're facts straight.

17. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

18. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

All Morey has done the past 2 yrs is made the roster cheaper, but not better.
    We all know Adelman made miracle work of Morey's screw-ups.

Morey is either too incompetent or too cheap.

19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

So you want morey gone because he let go Adelman and b/c you don't like the "30 trades".

Are you for or against the Rafer Alston for Kyle lowry trade?

How about the almost nothing to get Luis Scola trade?

Drafting Brooks with the 24th pick?

And Buying the draft pick to pick buddinger to let Adelman develop him?

Picking Pat patterson with the 14th pick last year?

Drafting Carl Landry a bad move? Flipping him for Kevin martin?

Dealing a broken Tmac to Knicks for draft picks?

Ariza for Courtney Lee?

The joey Dorsey pick was a bit of a miss. As was Jermaine taylor.

I'm trying hard to understand how badly Morey F'ed up here. So he was supposed to deliver a championship with $30MM in salary on the bench injured?

20. Vivaelsueno

Vivaelsueno Member

30 players in last 2 season. Please listen to Morey's interview on 610 (thread available) and I think there's also an article from Chron today saying the same thing.