1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote for Goran Dragic as Most Improved Player!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Koperboy, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Toothless_Texan

someone has set a script to vote for this clown Ersan Ilyasova 31,552 votes? what a bunch of crap

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

God, I hope Dragic doesn't get MIP. He'll be expensive enough as it is. I want Lin to win it. The dude isn't nearly as good as his reputation, and I we want to make sure the Knicks are always in salary cap hell. Can you imagine a team that has all the cachet of playing in New York, and had a competent management team? It's bad enough having to compete with LA, Miami, and Chicago. Morey would lose out on every coveted free agent until the end of time.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

He's Christian ... so what. I am a skeptical Agnostic black woman. Who cares. Besides, who said anything about picking Lin for the MIP award. I simply compared him to Dragic. That's all. Lin did get the Knicks back into the playoff picture, while he also put up some good numbers as 27 game starter. He's rightfully in the discussion. Even reading that web pages comments, I didn't get the sense alot of people were picking Lin as an overwhelming.

None of the candidates jump out at you as unanimous pick, or have a really stronger case over the others. I really believe Lin has a claim in the discussion, he brought a dead in the water team with failed promises back into relevance. I'd even say, if Lin did not come on the seen for the Knicks, they would still be sitting on the outside window of the playoffs. Most of all, I am not any kind of fan of Jeremy Lin and do not think his cream of the ice cream, but he made the Knicks relevant again this season and competitive.

If I personally had to choose it would be Monroe or Ilyasova.

4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Fairly certain that no one who has ever won that award has ever won another major award nor won a title.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Dragic will be expensive, anyway, like the other available point guards. There's a premium on competent point guards, like centers. I'm pretty sure Dragic's agent will want him to explore his options as an unrestricted free agent. Moreover, there are possibly better destinations for him out there, besides Houston.

As odd as this sounds, the Knicks might actually pass on Lin, given that team has come together down the stretch without him, while I sort of think that Melo and Lin's skill sets do not match, very well for some reason, since both need the ball to be effective.

Lin would thrive or maximize his potential on team that needs a playmaker and a competent ball handler - Portland, Dallas, Atlanta, or Phoenix (if they don't resign Steve Nash). For the Knicks, they might settle for someone like Calderon and (Mo) Williams). They simply need a player who can hit open shots or fair distribution skills.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course there are good players on that list. But a curse is curse.

Does it make any sense that none of those players have won a title? No, but doesn't mean I would go against the fates.

It's like would I have ever wanted a member of the Fab Five on the Rockets? Sounds like a great idea right? Jalen Rose, Webber, Howard. But no team with any of those players ever won a title.

Quinky-Dink or Curse? I choose to believe curse.

8. gregas

gregas Member

Really?

9. Toothless_Texan

only 20,000 more clicks for Goran to tie the guy no one ever heard of

10. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

that is what it looks like

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i think someone else is going to lin it.

12. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

a vote for dragic is a vote for a more expensive dragic.

13. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Any starting PG is not deserving it once your team lose 7 of last 8 games, whether it was not your fault or not.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

So he doesn't deserve MIP because of that? Terrible argument.

15. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

There is no way MIP came from a losing team... What do you want? Just like no MVP from Bobcats. That is the way sports work.

16. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

lol you don't watch many other games besides the Rockets', do you?

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Kevin Love and Danny Granger (just to name a few) won the MIP award with terrible team records. Where are you going with this?

18. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Lol why not Love again?