1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote Battier in the All-Star Game!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRowdy111, Nov 16, 2007.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I found this on another board, and thought us Clutchfans could help pull this off. Its a vote for Battier campaign. Vote Scola in while your at it also!!! 4 Starters from Houston would be awesome, although David Stern would probably not allow it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    VOTE SHANE BATTIER IN THE ALL-STAR GAME
    why Battier, you ask?
    a) he's a great character guy, a hard worker, a true role player, what a role model should be and we can recognize him for that by voting him in as an all-star.
    b) he already has the china vote behind him (because he's on yao's team). received over 1 million votes in 2006-2007, and that makes it easier to get him in.
    c) most other positions in the nba are packed with players that receive upwards of 1.7 million votes. we should only need ~1.5 million to get battier in as a west forward. the less work we create for each other the easier it will be and the more likely it is to happen.

but you thought you could only vote once per day....?
    Not true. The NBA online voting system only uses cookies to prevent multiple votes. cookies can be deleted from your computer quite easily, thus allowing you to vote as many times as you like, as long as you delete the right cookie after each vote.

here's how to do it as quickly as possible: (takes about 20 seconds per vote, or 15 minutes per ~50 votes if you do it quickly)
    1. open your browser and go to: http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/asb/eng/ballot.html (put this link in your favorites...or make it your browser home page...it'll make it infinitely faster)

2. press 'no thanks, take me to voting' when it asks for registration...etc.

3. 'add' shane battier. he's the 3rd forward down, listed in the west.

4. go down to the bottom, type in the code (remember, case sensitive) and click 'vote'

5. close the browser.

5. open up windows explorer (start - all programs - accessories - windows explorer)

6. navigate to the folder C:\Documents & Settings\(windows username)\Cookies

7. click 'search' at the top of windows explorer

8. search for 'nba' and delete the cookies that are found.

9. LEAVE THE WINDOWS EXPLORER SEARCH WINDOW OPEN!

10. re-open your internet explorer browser and repeat the process. but the second time around all you need to do to delete the cookies is go back to the windows explorer page and delete whatever pops up (there will be two items that do)

that's it!

its important to note:
    -this method only works for internet explorer. firefox stores its cookies in a specific .txt file, and it makes it difficult to delete each one individually, and quickly.
    -you don't have to fill out the whole form. you can only vote for battier, or just battier & antoine walker, or just battier & your favorite player....and your vote will still be counted.

to put things in perspective; to get Battier an extra 500,000 votes we'll need 1000 people to vote for him 23+ times per day for every day that votings open (67 days). that's a lot of people voting a lot of times, and to make it happen we'll need support from you, personally...and other people on forums you visit. so feel free to copy & paste this post to other (basketball) forums you visit around the internet, and hopefully we can create something big.

i'll also note that other names were thrown around when deciding who we should vote into the all-star game. Antoine Walker, Rasho Nesterovic & Brian Scalabrine among others were popular just because of the comedic factor they'd provide if actually voted in. but they're unreasonable because of how many votes it would take to get them in. however....feel free to vote for those (scrub) players as well if you think we have the power to get them in as well. but the primary goal here is to vote for Battier and get him into the All-star game, and we'd like for every one to participate in that.

don't have time to vote 10-30 times a day?
    that's fine. however if you could help us out by voting for Battier along with the times you vote for your other favorite players, or just vote once a day online, that'd help us a lot. every vote counts.

;)

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Taking charges in All Star Game is as ridiculous as it gets.

Shane in All Star Game would be an embarrassment for the Rockets as well as the league.

3. RedRowdy111

Wow, thats all I got to say. To knock a great defensive player like Battier that was a former College Player of the Year, on this years Olympic squad, is a felony in some states. Don't throw Battier under the bus. The Pistons had 4 players on the Eastern team like a year or two ago.

4. JDWalters

JDWalters Member

Man, I love seeing Rockets in the All Star Game, but to vote Battier in as a forward in the WESTERN Conference would be a crime. Don't you know, the All Star Game is supposed to be ALL offense and no defense. :D

5. Man-Dingo

Man-Dingo Member

He doesn't deserve it

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What's more telling is the fact that you are ASKING people to cheat to put Battier on the All Star Team.

I wonder if those Pistons fans were deleting cookies all night.....

Stop embarrassing yourself and Battier.

7. RedRowdy111

All right, let me put it this way. Kevin Garnett is now in the East. Duncan is labeled as a Center on this years ballot. That means that Dirk is a shoe in for the forward spot in the West. I personally hate the Mavs, Cuban, Dirk, and would rather see Battier on the court than any maverick. C'mon, Rockets pride. We got Houston, China, Argentenia....the NBA can't stop us.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I woulda but I accidentally voted for Rudy Gay instead...

9. pli777

pli777 Member

10. RedRowdy111

Is that how you felt when they picked him on the US Olympic team over the likes of Durant?

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Oh schnap!

BURN!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Zboy, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  12. RedRowdy111

Oh my bad, it was on the next page and i never seen it. Hey if you dont want to vote for battier, fine, I'm sure some on here do though. You can put your gasoline and matches away, I'm out.

13. porkslope

porkslope Member

tldr but no.

14. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Battier sucks this year. I would vote for him not to be in the ASG.
    This is horrible, why is Luis Scola and Shane Battier even on the pole?

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No, because I can actually differentiate between All Star Game and the Olympics.

16. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

I don't vote for any player who says in an interview "I don't like to shoot the ball!" Not all-star material.

17. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

please i hope battier and scola dont get voted in. it would be an embarrassment to them, the team, and the city. u know how many ppl r gonna be pissed cuz deserving players didnt make it and they did.

18. RedRowdy111

u have more posts on this board or your Dallas board?

19. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Any chance the 4 Pistons actually deserved the honor? Admittedly prejudiced but (assuming salaries would match), I'd trade Battier for any one of the 4 including Rasheed.

BTW, speaking of "awards"...Battier is probably the first and only NBA player to be on the Rookie All Star team that wasn't asked back as a Sophomore.

20. RedRowdy111

Look I was just passing something on I found, that I thought a few members of the board would enjoy. If you guys hate Battier so much, then where are the trade Battier threads? Geez, you guys are quick to bash people around here for Pro-Rocket comments. Sorry!!! If you got a personal vendetta against battier, then take it up with #31, not me. I'm just a supporter of our team from Carl Landry at the bottom all the way to Yao at the top. If Aaron Brooks was the only Rocket on a MVP ballot, he'd have my vote. Wrong board?