1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vote Battier in as a 2008 All Star Starter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AggieDentist, Nov 24, 2007.

1. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

[in the past, i've unsuccessfully tried to get Scott Padgett voted-in as a starter, but I think this new movement has a legitimate chance of succeeding in its goal. read on below]

The Official Movement to Vote Battier & Walker into the 2008 NBA All-star Game:

this is based off what NHL fans attempted to do with Rory Fitzpatrick for the 2006-2007 All-star game.

except this year NBA fans across the internet, starting from realgm.com, are going to successfully get Shane Battier & Antoine Walker into the 2007-2008 All-star game as starters.

why would you want to do that?
    a) the all-star voting system is generally a joke and doesn't represent the best players in the game or the ones that deserve to start in the all-star games. voicing our opinions & getting Battier/Walker in would go a long ways towards changing that.
    b) having the definition of a role player on the court to start an all-star game will show our nation's youth that you don't have to take 20 shots a game and do windmill dunks to be recognized for your achievements in life. if you work hard, have a good heart and do your job to the best of your abilities we can celebrate that too.
    c) tell me you wouldn't be rolling on the floor laughing their ass off if Yao's opening tip is controlled by Antoine Walker?

why Battier?
    a) he's a great character guy, a hard worker, a true role player, what a role model should be and we can recognize him for that by voting him in as an all-star.
    b) he already has the china vote behind him (because he's on yao's team). received over 1 million votes in 2006-2007, and that makes it easier to get him in.
    c) most other positions in the nba are packed with players that receive upwards of 1.7 million votes. we should only need ~1.5 million to get battier in as a west forward. the less work we create for each other the easier it will be and the more likely it is to happen.

why Walker?
    a) he's a funny dude.
    b) exemplifies the average american - lazy, overweight, and working just hard enough to collect his paycheck.
    c) who doesn't want to see the shimmy in the 2008 all-star game?

but you thought you could only vote once per day....?
    not true. the NBA online voting system only uses cookies to prevent multiple votes. cookies can be deleted from your computer quite easily, thus allowing you to vote as many times as you like, as long as you delete the right cookie after each vote.

unfortunately after word got out of our movement NBA.com disabled the quickest way to vote an unlimited amount of times, but its still possible if you follow these instructions:

1. open your browser and go to: http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/asb/eng/ballot.html (put this link in your favorites...or make it your browser home page...it'll make it infinitely faster)

2. login to vote. if you're not registered, do it...it only takes a second.

3. 'add' shane battier, and antoine walker. (both western conference, walker's a guard, battier's a forward)

4. go down to the bottom, type in the code (remember, case sensitive) and click 'vote'

5. close the browser.

6. open up windows explorer (start - all programs - accessories - windows explorer)

7. navigate to the folder C:\Documents & Settings\(windows username)\Cookies

8. click 'search' at the top of windows explorer

9. search for 'nba' and delete the cookies that are found.

10. LEAVE THE WINDOWS EXPLORER SEARCH WINDOW OPEN!

11. re-open your internet explorer browser and repeat the process. but the second time around all you need to do to delete the cookies is go back to the windows explorer page and delete whatever pops up (there will be two items that do)

that's it!

its important to note:
    -this method only works for internet explorer. firefox stores its cookies in a specific .txt file, and it makes it difficult to delete each one individually, and quickly. if you want to use firefox you can go into your settings (tools - options), and set your browser to clear all cookies upon exiting. the problem with that is that it clears all your cookies for various forums/blogs/email...etc, which is frustrating.
    -you don't have to fill out the whole form. you can only vote for battier, or just battier & antoine walker, or just battier & your favorite player....and your vote will still be counted.

putting things in perspective
    to get Battier an extra 500,000 votes we'll need 1000 people to vote for him 23+ times per day for every day that votings open (67 days). it'll take about 4 times that many to get walker into the game. that's a lot of people voting a lot of times, and to make it happen we'll need support from you, personally...and other people on forums you visit. so feel free to copy & paste this post to other (basketball) forums you visit around the internet, and hopefully we can create something big. what would also help is putting a link to this thread in your signature in this forum, and all the forums you frequent.

don't have time to vote 10-30 times a day?
    that's fine. however if you could help us out by voting for Battier along with the times you vote for your other favorite players, or just vote once a day online, that'd help us a lot. every vote counts.

still confused on how to vote multiple times?
    this video does a decent job explaining it:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VvYPYxWRzWI
    (though that's the old way, so the login process makes it a bit different)

want to help spread the word?
    here's a couple signatures to use on the forums you visit:
    http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7752/walkeret3.gif
    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270...attier.gif

an official youtube video supporting the cause:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sYYC2eBIc

the official facebook group:
    http://colorado.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6006677085

2. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

last year i think i got people to vote-in Chuck Hayes/VSpan but, alas, it wasn't to be. let's make sure that Battier gets in this year.

3. amathie

amathie Member

when the allstar first started, i voted four of our rox players plus steve nash as starters, but now, i regret, none of them deserved it, even t-mac and yao.

i will still vote yao tho, but i don't think he deserves it.

4. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

reason #1,438,866,437 that aggies are dumb and worthless.

5. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

If you vote Battier as an all-star, you're an idiot.

There is no other room for discussion here.

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Or a homer, but idiot might be more appropriate.

7. Starscream

Starscream Member

Battier shouldn't be a starter on this team let alone be considered an Allstar. Give me a break.

Only on the Rox can scrubs that wouldn't even start on other teams get shoe deals, Jesus we must be living in the twilight zone sometimes.

8. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

agreed.....

9. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

the problem with supporting this movement is that it is pretty much anti-Rockets. The major gripe of the people who have problems with the fan voting is the China vote. They complain when Francis, Battier, and Wesley get more votes than more deserving players. They point to the China vote to show that Yao will always be the starter and imply that he doesn't actually deserve it.

The spurs fans b****ed when Duncan got moved to center because it is accepted knowledge that Yao cannot lose. Nevermind the fact that Yao is putting up better numbers and deserves to be the starter.

Not to mention Tmac. People don't like Nash not being the starter. I view supporting this movement as pretty much supporting the people who don't want Yao and Tmac to start.

10. mag

mag Contributing Member

No room for intangibles in the All Star Game.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should vote Steve Francis in as an All Star starter. That will be the ultimate irony if he can start for the All Star game but not get off the bench for the Rockets.. ;)

12. snc

snc Member

With how this team is playing right now they'll be lucky if I vote for Tracy

13. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

wow i seriously hope that no one other than tracy or yao from the rockets gets voted in. do yall want the rockets organization and battier and scola to to embarrassed? they know they dont deserve it and they dont want to get voted in. imagine all the media bashing those two and rockets fans, especially the crew at TNT.

14. rockets34

rockets34 Member

I hope this thread is a joke. You could make a convincing argument that Battier is barely a legit NBA starter, no way he can be mistaken for an allstar. Please don't embarrass the organization as well as tracy and yao by giving him an inordinate amount of votes thus detracting from tracy and yao's accomplishment. Yao already gets the bull**** about only getting voted in by chinese fans, etc.

15. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Do you guys not realize this is a big joke? It's posted on other forums. They are just trying to say a "screw you" to the current system much like the NHL fanbase back then tried to. They at first wanted to do Scalabrine but figured Battier would be much more realistic.

16. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

THANK YOU - finally another poster realizes what this is about. there's no point in trying to vote in Chuck Hayes or Francis, b/c there's NO chance they'll get in. Battier is highly unlikely, but still a better shot. it's all in good fun, and it's mainly to mock the system. mcgrady and vince carter should not be all-star starters every year based on their play, meaning something must be said about the voting.

btw, Aggies won yesterday. Gig 'Em, Akina!

-'dumb and worthless' Aggie :cool:

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

But there is room for glue.

I guess? Maybe there isn't.

18. StanleyHartwell

Why there's no chance for Francis to get in? I know he's got a lot of love from Chinese fans.

Battier gets voted in will be fun, but even more so will be Francis.

Personally though, to see Scal voted into the all star game is my dream. That will be comedy at its highest power.