1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Von Wafer signs with Vanoli Cremona

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by _RTM_, Aug 4, 2011.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

http://www.sportando.net/eng/italy/serie-a/30166/vanoli_cremona_officially_signs_von_wafer.html

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Vakeaton is smart, he signs in a real European country instead of Grease.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So he goes from a crucial rotation player on a play-off team in the NBA to playing in the Canadian soccer league of basketball.

[​IMG]

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Say what? He was never more than what he is - had a hot stretch for a bit, but it was never going to last, because again, he is what he is.

And when it's all said and done, he's doing just fine for himself, I'm sure.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

In 08-09, he played 19 mpg and scored 9.4 ppg for us. I'd say that's crucial. Maybe "integral" is a better word. Or "Lebron-like athleticism" as DD would say.

6. JayZ750

I think integral is probably better. There are tons of past players who had temporarily integral seasons or parts of seasons, only to barely be heard from again. I guess what I was getting at is that while clearly Von's mental capabilities (or lack thereof) haven't helped his case, I don't think it's a matter of this more talented guy working himself out of the league... I just think on the whole he is what he is, which is a marginal NBA player who might have a somewhat better than marginal season here or there, if he lucks into the right situation.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sometimes it is a matter of fit and opportunity, Von can play in the NBA, he just needs to be that spark guy off the bench.

Or he can go play in Europe where the basketball is much weaker....and dominate.

Von is the new VSpan....

DD

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

VonSpon - - or VanSpan???

9. DaDakota

VonSpan I think....

DD

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

So who is better, VonSpan or VSpan?

11. DaDakota

Hmmm......as an overall player, I would think VSpan is a more complete player, they both have holes in their games though....

Von has one between the ears, and Vspan can't shoot or go left....

Von is a good scorer/attacking backup Wing player....who can fill in as a starter in times of need, while VSpan had a chance to be a quality NBA player, but pussed out, and went home where the game would be much easier for him and he would not have to develop...and he didn't.

Either way, they are both making a good living playing basketball, so good for them.

DD

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Smart decision considering many players will start to fill Europe and Asia once the lockout starts.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Who names their child Vakeaton? Lol.
    Oh well. Go Von!

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You can't be serious. VSpan did jack **** for the Rockets. His career highlight was a layup, that Bill and Clyde (or was it Bull?) overreacted on.
    While Von Wafer hit two game winners a medley of Clutch shots and helped give Cleveland and LeBron James one the worst beatdowns of their careers.
    Not to mention the athlete that Wafer was...

VSpan cried like a little b**** and ran home.

15. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Yeah, Von Wafer's 2.3 points per game in the Greek League sure were "dominating".

16. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Spanoulis is considered the second best shooter in Europe and he has the best off handle of any guard in Europe. You might want to actually watch a game other than just Houston Rockets games. You know, like once every 5 years or so.

Spanoulis has weaknesses - none of which were listed by you. In fact, the strongest part of his whole game is shooting. By far and away, he is better at shooting than anything else.

For a so-called expert, you don't seem to know much about the game.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Hope Von plays well

18. JayZ750

I watched every game he played in the NBA. He was a horrible shoooter, and a turnover machine. And he couldn't go left. Maybe he's improved? Maybe he wasn't comfortable? Don't know, don't care... he decided to go back to an inferior league and product to have more of a personal impact... his choice. Without question, though, Von Wafer is the more talented player.... but he's also the more mentally unstable, which actually is pretty impressive in a comparison of these two.

19. DaDakota

LOL - I never said I was an expert, but I am much smarter than you.

;)

DD

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wonder if that's Dan Langhi's old team?

Langhi played in Italy for a little while.