1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Von Wafer Appreciation Thread - Playoffs Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thacabbage, Apr 15, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And a promise by the organization that they are committed to moving TMac, that is the only way I think Von stays.

DD

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Why? If they keep Tracy, obviously he will be the starter, but if they trade him, it will be for a wing, most likely.

I don't see any scenario where Von Wafer becomes the starter on this team or sees a significant increase in playing time (unless Battier and Artest are both gone which is highly improbable).

3. declan32001

declan32001 Member

(Got a weird error message please excuse if this is somewhat a double post)

the cabbage, nice thread! Morey's comments this morning about Wafer perked up my ears. I do believe we're going to finally see true Adelmanization offensively starting tonight.

And seriously, opposing coaches are going to have to think about Von? How lucky are we?

4. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Von Wafer is the FUTURE.

PRINT IT!

5. DaDakota

I guess we shall see what happens, I trust Morey, but I think this team needs more 20 somethings and less 30 somethings.....

DD

6. Cowboii

Cowboii Member

Von Wafer is a BEAST!

7. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

He may not wan't to be a starter as much as he just wants more playing time.
    He probably would like to know that T-Mac isn't going to come back so that he won't have to worry about T-Mac taking his minutes.

However nobody knows what T-Mac is going to be capable of doing once he comes back from injury. He could come back and be no good or he could come back and impress all of us. Have to wait and see.

8. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

DaDakota = Craig Akerman?!

9. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Member

Von ROCKS!

10. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!! and very cheesy at the same time.

11. declan32001

declan32001 Member

DD, I don't know what's up with you lately, but how does your post make any sense?

Let's assume Les' lovefest with TMac is all bs (big assumption) and let's also assume that Yao and everyone else wants TMac gone (nobody's buying that, but it's possible).

Then further assume Morey is going to be able to get any kind of deal for TMac's $27 mil. in the offseason. Lastly assume Morey's an idiot and thinks some teams might not be interested in a huuugge salary dump at the trade deadline looking to the free agent class of 2010.

You could say Von is history next year, but you are pretty busy trying hard not to eat any of your opinions these days.

The possibility of Wafer getting close to 2x Landry's salary is hard to digest, but don't try to pretend there are not a lot of things Morey can do to make it possible.

Whether he wants to or not is another question, but the TMac situation is written into stone at least until the All Star break and you'd know that if you weren't busy putting your non-mathmatical foot on your keyboard these days.

12. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

I like this. We do not know whether Tmac will come back to true form or end like the Tmac we saw this season or even worse.

Morey will ultimately decide. I do wish he comes back. A healthy Mcgrady isproven in the playoffs (and yes I know he never passed the first round)

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wafer's offense reminds me of Maxwell (I guess a poor man's Maxwell) than does Ron (the D and the street cred are similar to Max)
    He can catch fire and show no fear.

14. Asian Sensation

Which r****d n00bs tainted the rating on this thread?

15. wingcommander87

I am optimistic on wafer doing well in the playoffs cause he has good size and is very athletic. The guys you mentioned(jon barry, wesley, head, nachbar) all these guys were undersized. Size MATTERS in all walks of life.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Five star thread, thacabbage! Great opening post and sanity as well. What's the GARM coming to?? I'm stunned! :eek:

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

think about it. who else plays that position? you will find your answer.

18. Tornadoofsoul6

Von should deprive me of all those nightmares of Luther Head in the playoffs.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think on opening day next season Ron, Shane and Von will be here. If McGrady is still around it will only be because a deal could not be worked out in time but I just don't see him as being part of the plan for next season. I wouldn't be surprised if his knee just didn't heal (wink, wink) and he sat out next season until he was traded or just left to expire.

McGrady screwed the team this season with his antics. No way Morey keeps him around at the expense of losing Von.

20. DaDakota

Not to derail your thread, but why do you think it has to be a wing? We could get a PG like Calderon, or a PF like Bosh etc......we have enough wings with Battier, Artest and Wafer, why not shore up another area of need.....PG would be my number 1 choice if possible....maybe Bibby?

Maybe, but Morey has to see how efficient he is, and even in his radio show was talking about him getting more minutes as Adelman gains in his trust, cleary not this year, but I could see him moving into the starters spot next year, at least it is possible, IMO.

I for one would like to see Wafer's offensive aggression paired with either Battier or Artest's defensive aggression. That makes the team much more versatile, at least IMO.

DD