1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vivek wants to play 4 on 5 defense

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

might as well do it when stauskas is in the game

1 person likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

4. moose

moose Member

5. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

LOL. Dude has been playing too much NBA 2K.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EzZk6ACFirU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Evans got a lay up, to bad that isn't the guy you would leave behind. Makes no sense to leave a great rebounding and defensive guy behind lol.

8. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

If Vivek's idea worked, I can see the offside rule in soccer been implemented on an NBA court. ;)

9. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

:confused:

They need to bring back Mike Malone.
    WHY BREAK WHAT'S WORKING?

DeMarcus Cousins had enough!:eek:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="he"><p>With both his comments and demeanor DeMarcus Cousins doesn't appear to be happy anymore. That is a problem ladies and gentlemen.</p>&mdash; Blake Ellington (@BlakeEllington) <a href="https://twitter.com/BlakeEllington/status/549777219942240256">דצמבר 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about you guys but if I am Morey I offer Dwight and the pelicans pick for Boogie. Throw whatever else is needed to complete the trade.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep.

DD

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Dwight Howard + Josh Smith for Cousins

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be happy to take whatever **** salary they have on the books as well. Boogie with Harden would be an amazing duo. Its too bad Morey was never able to get the draft pick to draft cousins. I remember he was going hard after him that draft year.

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The Evans play actually seemed to have worked perfectly, resulting in a shot right at the rim. Evans didn't make the dunk, but that is not a failure of the system. One problem with leaving a cherry picker behind is that the other team can also leave someone behind (completely negating any benefit for the cherry picker) and four on four favors the offense more than five on five, because there are fewer rotations available.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's such a dumb thing honestly.

I guess the idea behind this is that every player misses shots. So that you would score off of every single missed shot. Problem is, you give up easier shots playing with just 4 men on defense. Open shots if the other team is smart.

As for Cousins, I hope he goes out East if he goes any where (Would rather have him than Howard too at this point in time...) but he needs to go out East. West is loaded and i'm tired of this mess, go East big fella.

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

No freaking loyalty with group. Dwight Howard is anchoring the defense which is exactly what we brought him here to do. Howard is also happy here, interacts with fans, and does good things in the community. Howard chose to be here and he's doing everything we "originally" wanted him to do. Show the man some damn love.

Its like having Jennifer Aniston as your girlfriend and wanting the next young and prospering star. Show some respect and quit looking at what you want instead after you got what is easily good enough

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I want the Rockets to win a championship. If you told me "I can gaurantee the Rockets will win the championship...but you have to agree to trade away the ENTIRE roster. Yes, Including Harden." I would do it.

Which ever player wears the Rockets Jersey I love. I root and cheer for Howard but it's not close right now IMO that he's not the best center in the NBA. Cousins and Marc are ahead of him. I'm not sure he's even top 5 big men in the NBA with how he's playing right now and with his age it's worrying tbh. Big men are usually peaking late 20s early 30s because it's the time where their experience is enough to understand the game and their physical skills are still there. Many think Dwight's prime was left in Orlando and it's hard to argue that at this point honestly.

A big reason Rocket fans want Dragic, want Smith, want help is because Howard is not the same top 5 MVP caliber player that he used to be. (I honestly think this is because he's trying to be something he's not...) If Howard was a top 5 MVP caliber player still then Harden+Howard would be enough to compete in any year. Just like Westbrook+Durant are.

Howard may not even make the all-star game this year and no one outside of Houston is arguing for him to make it. It just hasn't been a good year for him. As long as he's a rocket I'll root for him...but as long as I'm sane I'd still trade him straight up for Cousins or Davis.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

When Joey Dorsey can outshine him on defense like last night vs WAS and most of the MEM game, then you know we'll begin to question Dwight Howard's capability to lead us to championship contention. He has not run into an array of health issues since the preseason.

Talk is cheap, we need to see it on court. Dwight can ask for less PT; but he needs to give his all whenever he's on court.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

ooops ... I meant the opposite. Dwight has run into an array of health issues ...

20. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

love this move
    nba starting to look like 2k15