1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vincent Young] Official "I'm A Believer" Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Jan 4, 2006.

1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i'm all perplexed. i'm a homer and i love vy, but i also think bush looked pretty sensational. wow, that dude is quick. i'm inclined to inquire what the teams drafting below us want. if we could trade down and still draft young i'd be into that, don't know if it's realistic though.

2. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

1.Agree on the business decision but both players are going to sell tickets and despite the booing and hatred for Carr this year if he comes out and has a good season next year he's the golden boy again. Plus, McNair likes Carr a lot and has made it clear they aren't giving up on him. Vince can't come in and help now, Bush can. He's electrifying and will make McNair plenty of money.

2.I don't know if Bush is the next sanders, LT, Gale Sayers ect.... However, he certainly has that sort of talent. Young has proven to be special too but I think Reggie just has a few less question marks (you have to remember, Bush can help a receiver as well while VY won't be doing all this running in the pros). Carr isn't injury prone and Davis is. As much as I like DD (I think he's a good back) he keeps getting hurt. He also isn't an impact player. Young can't help right now either, Bush can. I understand the hometown thing with Hakeem, Clemens, Clyde, Campbell ect....... but you can't use that factor when picking first overall. Young really impressed me ( I think eh'll be a good NFL player) but I'm a Texans fan first and i just personally think Bush helps us more.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Just don't trade down to the 3rd pick, that means we'd end up with LEINART :cringe: .

Someone please punch the "I-still-love-David-Carr" feeling out of me. There's something that tells me we shouldn't part with the Davidster. I somehow can't let go. Do I have a man-crush? If so, I'll cut one of my testes. :( I do not want to cut it, but I will have to. Now, I want Vince Young. Oh, what to do...

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

i heard the same thing on 610..hahahahahah

5. KAS13

I think the last thing we need to do is trade the pick. I'd rather us take Young (even though I don't agree with it at all) then trade the pick and risk getting neither. You never know what's going on during the draft. Say you trade the pick and move to #3 and Bush and Young are gone. I don't want Leinart and then we're screwed.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Where's MACK's other hand??? :(

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm not talking about merely selling tickets. much more than that. it's an identity. it's a chance to seize the interest of a state where you're an after-thought. this isn't merely about how they perform on the field.

all things being equal....vy would mean more to the texans than bush ever could.

8. underoverup

underoverup Member

I love how KAS13 was the biggiest VY/ UT hater and now he acts like he's the ultimate authority on what's going through Vince's mind, Vince's draft status, and what the rest of the football world thinks of Vince.

Has anyone gone from complete hater to jock rider this fast before? :confused:

9. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I have a hard time believing Reggie Bush would turn out as great as Barry Sanders, or Marshall Faulk at his prime.

And I have a hard time believing Vince Young would turn into Andre Ware. At least with Vince, you could convert him to a receiver or running back, if he doesn't pan out as an NFL quarterback. I think he's pretty much a mismatch wherever you put him.

Wherever/whenever Vince goes, I'd love to see him used in his first year like Kordell Stewart when he took the league by storm as "Slash". I don't want to see him sit a year like Steve McNair and Daunte Culpepper, I want to see him play.

10. KAS13

Dude you're a tool. I was never a Young hater or UT basher I just thought they were overrated. I was also man enough to admit i was wrong and came in here to give credit where credit is due. I bet you wouldn't have been man enough to do the same had Young played poorly and Bush went crazy. I'm hhaving a conversation with other fans (hopefully that no longer includes you after this post). Funny how nonody else saw it the way you did. I guess it speaks to the level of maturity though.

Never was a completel hater and giving someone respect is not being a jock rider. You're just simply a dip**** who has to result to attempting to start stuff on a message board (when the conversation was going fine) because you probably get picked on in real life. What a pathetic loser you are. Put that in your sig.

11. underoverup

underoverup Member

LOL, way to control those emotions gangsta. :D

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

you two are grounded

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why go back?

Heisman? nope that is Brady Quinn's
    NC? Got one
    BE THE MAN ON CAMPUS? Did that

Rocket River
    :confused:

14. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

No way.

15. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Yes way. The media will make sure of that.

16. Cohen

Will believe it only when I see it.

I just bought my 'Superman' issue of SI.

Why in the world do you think the tide will turn against Vince?

17. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

Any chance this aggie is one of several ut-haters who frequent this board?

[​IMG]

18. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Brady Quinn goes to Notre Dame. The media's been hyping him already as a front runner for the Heisman next year. If VY leaves, it's Quinn's to lose no matter what happens. If VY returns to Texas, it's a 2 man race with Vince only having a slight lead.

Remember, Notre Dame is the media darling. They lost to USC and didn't drop one spot in the polls. They were ranked in the top 10 this year after beating pretty much nobody of any significance.

19. Cohen

CLASSIC!

I'm going print that for my neighbor. :)

20. Cohen

All true about ND, but it's Vince's to lose.