1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vincent Young] Official "I'm A Believer" Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Jan 4, 2006.

1. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Rashard Lewis II coming soon....

2. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

took some people long enough to believe in the kid. i was believer, after the kansas game LAST season. and if you didn't get it then, you should have gotten it in LAST year's rose bowl against michigan, or in his game against ohio state THIS season in september.

i've always said this about vince. people can try to peg vince as a running quarterback, or just a pure athlete playing the QB position. but just call him a WINNER. that's what i've always categorized him as, and that's what you want out of your quarterback and team leader.

his performance last night was the greatest individual performance in the college football history. as great as reggie bush and matt leinart are, VY is at a completely different level. he is a guy who never gives up, stays unbelievably poised, and WINS.

even though i go to texas state and i am still bummed how our season ended, i grew up in a texas household in austin and last night's game made my dad the happiest man on the face of the earth. i'm extremely happy for texas and proud that they finally brought the trophy back to the state of texas....congrats to the longhorns and vince young.....the man.....the myth....the LEGEND.

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Definitely not a given that VY comes out. There's too many reports to the contrary. Coach Brown and several of his teammates have said that Vince is staying in interviews. I doubt they would make such strong statements if they didn't know something. That would just make them look foolish.

4. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Someone please explain to me the advantages that Vince Young has to returning for his senior year. I mean I understand I am just the selfish Titans fan that is drooling for him to be our future starting QB. But it seems to me that he could go as high as #1 and no lower than #3. No way does he slide lower than #3. So he has a chance to go for a repeat National Championship and the Heisman trophy. Those are nice team honors. But you can see how that played out for Leinart. He would have been the #1 pick last year. He will probably be the #2 or #3 pick. That is significant loss when it comes to a financial perspective. Than you have the possible threat of injury.

There is a very rare chance that he will repeat and go out any higher than he did last night. His stock could not be any higher.

5. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

If Vince loves the college life enough is one reason.

It didnt work out off the field but I bet Leinhart scored well off it. I'm sure he doesnt regret it.

6. underoverup

underoverup Member

That pose reminded me of Hakeem when David took his league MVP right before the series started. :cool:

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

uhhmmm .. . you think that neither would have scored as much
    if they took the million dollar deals? :confused:

Rocket River

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What kind of passing stats do you guys expect Vince Young to put up next year? I assume that if guys like Vick and McNabb have been a lot less effective on the run than they were in college, then this will also be the case with Young.

So would his passing stats look like Eli Mannings?

3,700 yards; 53% passing; 24 TDs and 17 INTs

Or would they be more like Carr's first year and will he struggle a bit?

2,000 yards, 57% passing, 9 TDs and 13 INTs

Perhaps somewhere in between.

9. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

45+ posts and still no sign of KAS13/IC2000...

10. micah1j

micah1j Member

He will be the King of Austin. A living legend walking the campus. Leinart loved it, Vince would too. But does he have the $250,000 for the injury insurance Lienart's dad put up for him? Maybe his buddy Steve McNair could loan him the money.

11. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I was wondering if an insurer would do it on 'credit' for him ... just charge a premium contingent upon an NFL contract.

12. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

The Sound of Silence.

:)

13. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

and had sex with it.

14. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I hate to burst your bubble but I cant see the Titans get him with the 3rd pick. With the superhuman performance last night, it's very unlikley that both the Texans and the Siants will pass on him. I read the Saints has problem with Aaron Brooks and he may not return to the team next season.

Agree.

#54 RocketForever, Jan 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

If the Texans are still....unconvinced....that they should stick with Carr - I'm of the mind to see them trade their first rounder, I think some teams are salivating over Young (and Leinart, and probably Bush too.) right now where they could pull off a mega deal.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you can get the insurance...sure. but it only covers if you NEVER touch the football field again. so if you get injured..and it merely affects your draft status (mcgahee) then you lose lots.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

magic = drafting a hometown hero to lead us to the super bowl someday. that's magic.

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Vince will be on Leno tonight.

[​IMG]

19. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i hate SI but i'll definitely be getting a couple of those issues... ;)

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think its ironic that the author of the article is named austin