1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vincent Young] Official "I'm A Believer" Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Jan 4, 2006.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a UT graduate that never followed the Long Horns or college football. Last night I went over to fellow UT alum's house here in Baltimore to watch the game and I was blown away by Vince Young. If he stays with UT next year I'll definitely be watching some games.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Greatest big game performance i've ever seen ~ Leinhart and Bush were outclassed by a wide margin last night. :cool:

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Vince is a leader. That's more than I can say for David Carr. I wish Vince would come out this year and the Texans would use the #1 on him, relegating David Carr to his inevitable future as a career second stringer.

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

That was simply phenomenal. All I could mutter to myself was "wow". They simply couldnt stop the guy. Last night was Vince Young's night period.

I only wish I would have put some money down.....

5. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Your wish very well may be granted. No way in hell VY goes back to Texas after last night because he is EASILY a top 5 pick in the NFL draft, and I think the Texans have to seriously consider him as their top pick over Reggie Bush.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

If VY comes out this year, Matt Leinhart will be ****ting his pants. Well, Leinhart will probably still be a top 5 pick but everyone will be talking Bush and Young.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If Vince comes out, have there ever been three prospects rated this high in the same draft?

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Man, I am going to have some sleepless nights if VY comes out too... who in the hell do you choose and how in the hell do you decide?

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yes.

the only diffrence is that BSPN hypes it up so much every year that you think these 3 will be sure Hall of Famers who will win 10 superbowls

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Vince Young has that Elway aura about him. You just know he will not lose in the clutch.

11. hotballa

On a unrelated note, my 11 year old nephew scrambled for a 65 yard and 55 yard TD and threw 2 TDs also. he also has that John ELway aura around him, you just know he's gonna win no matter what.

The Burger King guy almost dropped my hash browns today, but he caught his balance in time and prevented an accident. He has that John ELway aura also, you just know he's gonna be coming through in the clutch

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

SCOREBOARD

let it go

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i said it in the other forum...if the texans have an opportunity to seize on this...and they don't....they let it go by them...i will never, ever, never forgive them.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

15. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Agreed. He's our kid, our hometown hero, and I couldn't stand watching him go to another team if he declares for the draft. It would be truly heartbreaking. :(

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think i would be a TEAM X fan for quite some time. that surprises the hell out of me about myself.

17. hotballa

relax yourself. its good natured ribbing at some of the overrreactions on this board.

Stop overreacting

18. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

remember when folks were referring to him as "Radio?" my, how things change...

19. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Yeah I dont understand what made people think that. Just because he doesnt walk up and down the sideline yelling and looking pissed all the time doesnt mean hes stupid. He has fun. He keeps his team loose and it apparently works really well.

20. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

My favorite was in a long shot of the championship presentation, VY wa doing the Hesiman pose with the Championship trophy as his football. SWEET REVENGE.