1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Young

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by pgabriel, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Vince is a junior. By the end of next year, his name will be mentioned with the Herschel Walkers, Earl Campbells, and Archie Griffins, etc of the world.

2. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

It's probably because he had almost a 1:1 Td-Int ratio last year. He is looking much improved this year.

3. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

A little history lesson for everyone: The Top 100 College Football Players of All Time

You may be astounded at some of the accomplishments of these players. Hopefully, it will put some things in perspective...it's a little early to be talking about VY being the best college football player ever.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

He's a great football player and he wins...Once he wins the National Championship, then we can say best ever...He is definitely one of the best this year and should win the Heisman...

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A lot of that is all opinion though just like this. Take for instance Jim Brown for instance. His stats weren't that great, the writer admits, but everyone knows that Jim Brown one of the best college athletes ever and arguably the greatest football player ever. the one thing that list proves is that the argument isn't about stats or indvidual accomplishments. Its more than that.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love Vince but Bo and Barry were the most talented athletes I've ever seen on a football field, College or NFL. These 2 guys were just sick.

7. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Anyone remember Deion Sanders in college? I'd have to say him or Bo Jackson was the best i've seen.

8. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Let me ask you the same...what part of my post do you disagree with? Do you not Love to Hate the Longhorns? Do you not frequent UT threads just to make negative remarks?

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I corrected your post. No need to thank me, man. NO NO... don't. :D

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I like to keep delusional Longhorn fans in check. I have done so in this thread by arguing that VY is not the greatest player of all time, which most of the replies in this thread corroborate.

Your post was purely a personal attack that added nothing to the thread.

11. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Vince is good but not yet at the elite level.

He could potentially lead UT to 2 national championships which would make him one of the greatest of all time simply because he's the most important cog on a very good/great team.

12. junglerules

junglerules Member

2 things.....First, it's way too early to put Vince in the elite level as far as best college football players ever. I am a huge Longhorns fan, but it's simply something that needs to be considered once his career in college is over, and we have some better perspective on what he accomplishes. I will say, however, I've never been more confident in Texas' ability to pull out a win REGARDLESS of the situation- winning, losing, road, home, top 10 opponent or cellar dweller. As others have said, the thing I love most about Vince is he just wins, and it's all he cares about.

Secondly....I think it's silly that so many people feel like he (or anyone) has to win a Heisman to enter the conversation. When the hell has the Heisman been about the best player in college football? Sure, it's happened coincidentally from time to time. However, it often goes to the best player on one of the best teams, which can often be a far cry from best player in college football. Don't get me wrong, the trophy would look nice on the mantle and help the argument. But, to say a player can't be considered the greatest ever without a Heisman is beyond ridiculous. Just saying so eliminates so many of the greats on defense, like Deion Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, etc.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The best QB I've seen play live this year is Joel Armstrong. He Is the Man.

14. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Ha, Ha very funny MF, you try playing with a line that can't block, receivers that can't catch and backs that can't run...and a defence that couldn't tackle a bag of groceries. Hell, I'd take Reggie over Vince every day of the week including Wednesdays, if I could have the line, receivers and backfield that t.u. has...so STFU. Reggie McNeal is much more talented than ReggieTood or Vince Neal...uhm...Young, so get lost Punk! Go back to supportin' the White Sux. :mad: :mad: :mad:

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

obsession noted

16. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Dude, I wish I had that kind of time on my side...I'd be a friggin' Gzallionaire!

17. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Vince Young Stats:

Passer Rating - 163.65
    Completion % - 63.2
    TD/INT - 16/8

...you were saying?

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

is Vince Young the best college football player ever?

it seems likely.

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You're right. Clement is the 2nd best QB in the country.

What's the name of the scrawny HB that always gets the ball up the middle for no gain on 3rd and long? He's freaking awesome too.

20. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Personal attack in what way? Everything that I said was accurate also, except maybe the diagnosis of a 'complex' since it was purely a non-clinician's view ... but probably supportable.

You call it keeping delusional Horns fans in check, but your go farther than that. You fairly consistently take the strongly negative opinion on anything UT, take every opportunity to share it, and appear to relish when UT hits any bumps in the road.

As for the personal part, it's not like I called you an a** for constantly trying to remove all possible sources of entertainment and enjoyment for Texas fans, even though some could consider it warranted. ;)