1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Young Says...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Vinsanity, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Serious question: Would you want him on the Texans?

(Let me preface this by saying that I think Schaub is a better QB than Vince, and the following scenario should only be considered if Vince is willing to be a backup or if Matt gets hurt again.)

It's obvious his days are numbered in Nashville. I just feel that Houston is the one place where he could get his career back on track. The fans would be more supportive here than anywhere else (and as much as I love him, there's no doubt he has a very fragile ego) and I think he would be more driven to succeed in front of his hometown fans.

Even as a UT student I HATED all the "VY is God" threads here in that first season. But now that Mario has clearly become the best player from that draft, and Young's career has gone down the toilet, I kind of feel sorry for him. If the right situation arose, I think I'd definitely give him a shot.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No. Before you even finish, no.

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

It takes brain to play QB :rolleyes:

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I can't believe that one is Doug Williams.

McNabb, Cunningham, Moon, & McNair all had a chance and were better QBs.

5. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

I'd take him here in Houston to play QB. The Thunderbears need a QB

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

QB's don't win Super Bowls. TEAMS win Super Bowls. :eek:

AND I gotta go P again. :(

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Have Texans fans already forgotten the time when Vince had that game winning TD in overtime? It sounded like there were a ton of VY fans there at Reliant that day.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9acRrOEleC8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9acRrOEleC8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Sadly the highlight of his short, beleaguered career.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yes. Along with the rest of the country (excluding UT fans), we have. So much so that watching the video doesn't affect us one way or another.

10. Baqui99

Probably not. He did win Offensive Rookie of the Year, was in the Pro Bowl, and started a playoff game.

Hope he gets back on track this year. No more excuses.

11. SwoLy-D

Ah, yes. Because EVERY player that has won ORotY, was in the PB, and started a playoff game, has gone on to win a Super Bowl? :confused:

That doesn't make him "eligible" for much more. :eek: I will agree he might be average to good as a QB, but... taking the helms of a team and lead the to a Super Bowl? Nope.

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind him on the Texans, but the sole reason I would NOT want him on the Texans is that as soon Schaub throws a pick, and he will, because all quarterbacks do, some do more than others... the fans (or certain fans) will be yelling for the backup to start.

And when the backup starts piling up more INTs, they will say it's ok. Go get 'em tiger. You can do it!

I think he should go play for.... Buffalo or Tampa Bay.

13. Baqui99

One of the problems with Vince's career is he has too many people in his inner circle. Just look as his agent, Major Adams -> it's his uncle. If he were to play here in Houston, it would be an ever bigger distraction with all the friends and family.

I hope he gets his shot in Tennessee, as I adopted them as my team a few years back. But a change of scenery would also do him some good.

14. Baqui99

Please go back and read my post. Did I make a single mention of winning a Super Bowl? I was responding to someone else who said that the Texans game highlight was the best of his career.

15. SwoLy-D

Oh, I know. I know. I got that from your response, but I also want to include that his doing those feats do not necessarily make him a "great" QB the Texans should consider. :eek: Why was he let into the Pro Bowl? 'Cuz someone declined, wasn't it?

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't understand what his agent and friends have to do with his on field performance?

:confused:

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Vince will probably never get into the Hall of Fame, but if he stays with the Titans they'll eventually have a good chance at winning the Super Bowl. Because I think they will always field a good team as long as Jeff Fisher is coach.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

At this point Michael Vick would be a better option at QB than Vince for the Texans.

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

fixed your post.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Fisher will never win the Superbowl. He is too damn conservative. He doesn't let his stars win him games like great coaches do. Fisher took out the air in Mcnair. He will always have a playoff team but he will never win the big one.