1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Young hints at desire to be in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by KDJ3, Mar 28, 2012.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I wish he best for Young, cuz deep down he really wanted to play in Houston so bad. If he was stronger mentally, he could have been close to where Cam...nvm, he never had a arm..Cam always did.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Vince should go to the Jets. I'd have Tebow and Vince lineup behind Sanchez. We would see something we have never seen before. I don't know what we would see, but I want to see it.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Double-reverse flea flicker?

6. smokieethabear

Sage Rosenfels had the greatest ability to "manage games", better than any backup I've ever seen.. :grin:

7. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think we have seen this before: [​IMG]

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Andy Reid is one of the best "player's coaches" in the league, who has put up with numerous crazy personailities, and yet when the Eagles not have an offense best run by a very mobile QB led by injury prone Michael Vick, he lets VY walk when he would appear talent wise to be the best back up possible. Doesn't that say it all?

Also, you cannot have the mentality that a back-up Qb has to be a near equivalent of the your starting QB. That is not how the NFL works. No backup QB will consistently match their starters play, and whenever a backup does accomplish that, they are often lost/traded to another team to be a starter or maid the permanent starter for that team.

By the time backup quarterback would make many of you who are complaining about Yates comfortable, he would have become a starting quarterback somewhere.

What a back-up quarterback is supposed to do is not make mistakes and not LOSE the game for the team. So far Yates has generally done that, with maybe the Carolina game as main exception. And no when other players make stupid plays to force your team to have to fight uphill all game long on the road, having your back up throw a pick or two when trying to comeback, he is not goat.

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

you said:
    and I responded:

also I said that the texans could have won if jacoby doesnt fumble the 1st punt, maybe even yates doesnt have all 3 INTs, if jacoby doesnt fumble, because erase those 7 pts of the first ravens TD, and the texans could have run the ball more with foster, then having yates throwing the ball.

and I posted the flacco numbers from the same game, to prove that flacco didnt play too good in the game, having a 1 yd TD pass (after the jacoby fumble).

flacco 14/27 176 yards 2 TDs
    yates 17/35 184 yards 3 INTs

do you understand now?

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol, did nobody watch VY last year? He sucked, TJ is cheaper, and still has potential.(not superstar potential, but, more potential to grow than VY.)

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

are you seriously saying that those #'s are comparable? you are looking at those same numbers that i am, right?

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Thank you for clarifying my position.

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Who do you have in mind? And which Texan(s) are you going to cut to afford them?

They have no money. They can't even address actual needs right now; no way they can allocate resources to a position that, if you're lucky, will never see the field.

Yates is young and cheap and showed enough potential last year to assume he hasn't hit his ceiling. With his experience, another year in the system and his first offseason workout program, there's every reason to believe he can improve and be a very capable back-up.

The Texans would be foolish to spend a penny on their back-up QB position, given their current financial situation.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This. I really don't get any complaining over Yates. At a position where it notoriously takes until a second or third season to even begin feeling comfortable, TJ as a rookie had a QB rating above 80 and led the Texans to three wins in his five regular-season outings (not counting the Tennessee game which he left after one drive - a touchdown, no less). He's cheap, has a good attitude, knows the system and has a skillset well suited for it. Can't ask for much more out of a backup QB.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm sure we could use some training camp bodies. Use Young to push Yates, so he don't get too comfortable as QB2

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

there's nobody viable left besides vince young, who i personally like regardless of who else was available. what's sage rosenfels' story? a.j. feeley? those 2 are lesser, but still greater options than yates, and either would be dirt cheap.

gone are the shaun hills, jason campbells, chad hennes, and kyle ortons, any of whom i'd have loved. the way some of you talk about backup qbs, any team with a good starting qb would be idiots to pay more than the league minimum for one, no matter what their cap situations are.

yates very well could end up being a good back-up. i'd even bet that he will (although i think trading him would be brilliant). not this year though. he's still green as can be. they didn't draft a 6th round project qb to be capable of leading a championship-quality roster to the super bowl in his sophomore season. and that's the situation we are talking about here.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Almost 3 million a year is not "dirt cheap". Nobody you mentioned is even anywhere near the Texans price range. If we could afford that, we'd have kept Matt Leinart. TJ Yates *is* "dirt cheap" and almost unquestionably a better option for the Texans at quarterback than Vince Young. Sorry, I know it hurts to hear the truth and have your dreams crushed, but you look like a fool right now talking out of your butt about money, skill, and team priorities.

We'll either sign some QB on his last legs to a contract that averages under a million a year, or we're going to draft another late rounder. My guess is the latter.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

what's so hard about engaging in a simple debate without being a prick for no reason?

oh, and sorry to blow your cover, but i heard the same mcnair interview that you did. your "guess" isn't exactly going out on a limb, so don't pat yourself on the back too hard (again) when your bold prediction of drafting a late rounder comes true.

you should list 30 potential late round qbs then beg everybody to rep and praise you after they draft one.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Because you sound like an idiot. You are talking about spending money the Texans do not have. You rant about what they're not doing and what they should be doing without even giving a moments thought as to why. You don't look at context, you don't look at facts, you just rant. You deserve to be ridiculed and called out for it.

What the hell are you talking about? What interview?

I know that really got on your t*** for some stupid reason, but I honestly don't give a f*** about rep. Sorry you got all bent out of shape about it.

To recap. You are stupid. You rarely ever make sense. You make the Texans forum worse. The end.

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

don't pick on donny, he may smite you with his e-penis.

edit: oops, too late