1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videos] Jordan Hill Highlights vs. Knicks, Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2010.

1. LifeisButaDream

Yep,Almost all the great ones could no this.

2. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

Yes CBud becoming a hall of fame 3 time NBA champion, 3 time NBA MVP, 2 time NBA finals MVP and one of the 5 greatest players of all time is more realistic than Hill amassing to one MVP and one championship after 13 seasons in the league.

not the sharpest tool in the tool box eh?

BTW: Garnett averages 14/7/2 this year...i've seen jordan hill get that per every 25 minutes he plays..as a rookie with 4 years of basketball exp.

3. bushies

bushies Member

Without resorting to hyperbole, let's just say that DM knew what he was doing by trading Landry. Their games aren't exactly comparable, but playing the same position, I think it's safe to say that we've replaced Landry in the lineup to the point where Scola is somewhat expendable if we can trade for Bosh or another impact player. So take away some of Landry's offense and add some rebounding, shot-blocking ability/inside presence and watch him bud in the next 3 years the way we've watched Landry do the same thing.

4. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

OMG Is he for real?

I can't believe it.

We deserve this after the Eddie Griffin debacle.

5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i must be watching different highlights than you guys, because i dont think hill is anything special and never will be.

he does the same ugly hook every time and was fortunate the knicks are one of the smallest teams in the league. against normal sized teams he would have ate the ball several times.

hopefully he develops enough to be thrown into a trade for someone better

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Its surprising that he hasn't really hit a jumpshot yet since that was one of the skills the scouts touted when he was coming out of college.

7. glynch

OMG Is he for real?

I can't believe it.

We deserve this after the Eddie Griffin debacle.

Championship contending teams usually are built with at least one lucky break and he might be it.

Imagine him cleaning up on the blocks after the other team's bigs have been bothered by Yao.

Scola, Yao and Jordan and we can compete with any big team around.

8. LifeisButaDream

WoW.Did you see him score over KG and Wallace :confused: Are they small too :rolleyes:

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I see Jordan's ceiling as Amare Stoudemire, without the attitude and with better defense...

Like its been posted b/f Jordan measured the same(if not slightly bigger than Amare) and with the same leaping ability...not to mention Jordan has a jump shot that can be money, if he develops it...If Jordan works hard he can be an All-Star....IMO

Now if we can get him a big to play along side him(via draft or F Agency), so he can play his natural position at the 4, that would be great....

I'm really hoping for Whiteside, Cousins or Monroe to play Center along side Hill PF coming off the bench next year...

--RB

10. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

Yes i guess he was also fortunate to have put up 11 pts, 7 reb, 5 blocks against a small weakly defensive unphysical finesse team like the boston celtics..

11. IceMan

IceMan Member

Over the last 7 games, Hill has been averaging (on a per 36 min a game basis) the following:

15.3 PTS
    10.7 REB
    4.7 OREB
    .535 FG%
    .77% FT%

Not bad at all for such a raw rookie just finding his way. The sky just might be the limit here.

12. IceMan

IceMan Member

Hey there Knicks fan.

Sorry

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, if you still dont get my drift, I wasnt serious about CBud becoming Bird...just like its a total joke to compare Hill to KG.

Yes, if you are comparing Hill to a player who has played 15 seasons, is worn down, and is now averaging less than 30 minutes a game...then youve made a great comparison. But if you are talking about KG in the prime of his career, then you were probably too young to ever see him play.

14. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

This could be why...
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/pipe_down_hill_5PjmtNAJwqEQI0OTi0W6wO
    Thats pretty messed up.

15. glynch

This is at the minimum the best start for a rookie big man that we have had in many, many years.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    The reason why you have no idea what you're talking about is that Hill and Garnett's game look nothing alike. I know it's fun to compare stats and throw out random comparisons, but I mean come on now....

If you want to compare someone to KG, it has to be LaMarcus Aldridge. Garnett isn't really the bruiser 5 feet away from the basket type player. Garnett made his living with the same spin move, counter moves that Hakeem basically invented. Although, Hakeem was much better at it. Garnett doesn't really rely on the jump hook, whereas Hill does. Additionally, his ability to put the ball on the floor is ridiculously good. Did I mention that Garnett could step out and hit the 3 when needed?

Really, there's just no way you can compare the two players.

17. LifeisButaDream

18. johnnyonthespot

What he said.

SYKE!! ;)

19. LifeisButaDream

But they are alike defensively.How many 6-10 PF can guard the pick and roll like KG?

20. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

If you made it through the heart attack you obviously had when you saw the word 'Garnett' in a Jordan Hill thread..I said I predict he can be similar to garnett in every phase of the game, meaning great defender, shotblocker, rebounder and efficient on the offensive end with the ability to hit jumpers and play inside.

If you still need the paramedics after pondering the thought that a rookie who is averaging 15 and 10 per 36 minutes in a rockets uniform could not possibly be similar to THE ALMIGHTY KEVIN GARNETT, I'll call Memorial EMS for you.