1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videos] Clint Capela's four monster dunks in Toronto

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Terry is the better spot up shooter

2. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Id rather have a better ball handler than a better shooter in that retrospect of Terry vs Prigs.

Id just rather not have a turnover.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Everything about the starting lineup is centered around Harden. It is the same reason why Smoove (normally) comes off the bench. Let the MVP dictate the offense, everyone else stick to your role.

4. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Where were you the night CLINTSANITY began?

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I just hope we figure out a way to stash him somewhere on the roster. I'd rather include Jones or Dmo in any trade package... lock Capella with a shooting coach and the strength coach all summer... and in a year or two we are set at C for ten more years.

6. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

What good would Prig's ball handling abilities do if he was in the starting lineup with Harden?

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

As good as he played yesterday and all the excitements,

its ridiculous to suggest McHale to sit anyone to play him down the stretch.

His problem right now is not only whether he can shot any jumpers or FT, his main problem is the defense rotation, you can see his efforts, especially 1 on 1 defense, but his timing and position on several rotations are not very good.

Of course this is not on him, he is not with the team majority of the time this year, and hence there should not be any expectation on him regarding this.

While playing in the D league obviously helped his game, but they do not teach defense in D- league, not at the NBA level defense.

But still, it's very excited to see his potential out there, he could be a very serviceable players for the Rox the next few years IF he keep on progress, like TJ and Dmo.

1 person likes this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There were posters last year said the same regarding Troy Daniels and even suggested we should trade Harden and build around Troy.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

man once he develops a post presence, if he can somehow master a midrange jumpshot................DAMN! DAMN DAMN DAMN

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Jesus I hope they werent being serious......

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, while I believe some may have been entranced with his quick release on threes, no one seriously would have believed Trow wasn't replaceable... let alone over Harden. Troy was a decent outside shooter, but at his height he was even limited at that. And outside of that, he contributed nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Capella already offers more... shot blocking, rebounding. Runs well, and plays above the rim. We won't luck into anyone offering more promise in the foreseeable future. I haven't been as optimistic about a Rocket big since the Eddie Griffin Project, and Capella has none of the downside issues.

Speaking of Griffin... imagine him (blocking shots, hitting threes) playing on today's Rocket team...

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I must have watched these highlights like 6 times. Capela has harpoon for arms. Lol. Dude will dunk within 10 ft from the basket, and with that arm speed and strength, a smaller defender would be just nuts to try to defend those dunks, if they value their body parts.

If Capela keeps on developing his game, in two or three years, dude will be something to behold.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Swiss Missile took off last night.

14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

This is certainly a possibility given his quick progress. No guarantee but much more certain than the boo birds who assume this twenty year old who probably was not playing basketball since the age of 5 will never get better and amount to anything or whose ceiling is Dalembert for example.

In many ways he reminds me of Hakeem his first year at U of H and I went to all the games. Hakeem did not start at the beginning of his first year and only started to get a lot of minutes the last couple of games before the NCAA Tourney where he exploded. Hakeem looked about the same in his first limited minutes. Not saying he will become another Hakeem.

15. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

There wasnt a single serious post suggesting that.

16. bmd

bmd Member

Swiss Chocolate Thunder.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

While reminiscing about Hakeem in his earliest days in Houston. Anyone else remember his first tv interview after one of the first NCAA games?

I remember clearly. U of H was behind at half. After the win in the interview he said with limited English: "Coach Lewis tell me. You get all the rebounds we win." I think he had twenty rebounds in the second half.

1 person likes this.
  18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

The ratio before last night's game was 10:1 with
    10 being people who said Capela was a scrub, a bust, not NBA ready, 2 years from being able to contribute, 2 years away from being 2 years away
    1 being the person who said: look at his WARP rating, look at his FG% completion in the paint, look at his rebounding and blocks numbers, this kid deserves real NBA minutes to develop THIS season

Looks like all the cynics have been replaced snark! So trade Howard? Step aside Harden. The new face of the franchise. Give him max contract.

The few people that believed the kid is ready to contribute now more than 4 years from now never suggested this guy was the new face of the NBA and should get a half billion dollar Under Armour contract. Cynics, just acknowledge that the few that stood up for the kid at the beginning of the season were spot on: The kid can affect the game in a positive way right now.

19. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

He should have finished the game instead of Smith. Smith was so tired you can tell and couldn't grab a rebound. Mchale is really slow.

20. Convictedstupid

I liked Clint Beastwood. Someone on Reddit made that one up.