1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[videos] 94 Finals Repost, 95 Finals details

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Jun 12, 2006.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

whats the best program to put these games on dvd?
    I have Roxio, but it kills the video quality when I convert it to DVD

should i convert these files to .vob first using another program?

2. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

I use Nero Vision Express. I found it is somewhat limited as to what you can do (or at least I haven't ways to do advanced stuff like have a menu where you can choose to either play the movie/game or go to a scene selections menu. IO only get the scene selections style menu). Having said that it is fairly reliable and any MPG or AVI I have thrown at it, it produces a DVD at the end of it (and if neccessary use DVD Shrink to compress it to DVD-5 size).

Another good proggie is DVD Lab Pro. I have, however, had issues with this one, and never found out the reason for it. I suspect it might have something to do with producing a DVD that is over 7GB in size and have problems with memory allocations or something. It has worked fine for producing movies when the final size is around the 5-6GB mark, but anything more and I never get a proper DVD. It does however have some really cool features and is alot more powerful than Nero Vision. If only it was as reliable as Nero Vision....

3. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Oh, one other thing I forgot to add, was I sometimes use either WinAVI or TMPG Encoder Plus to convert the file from AVI to MPG-2 (DVD compliant) before using either Nero or DVD Lab.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cool. i just got winavi and it seems to do the trick.
    i wanted to enable good video quality and plug a whole game on dvd.

the next question is what to use as an editor so i can cut and paste some scenes to make my own tribute videos.