1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[videos] 94 Finals Repost, 95 Finals details

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Jun 12, 2006.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeah, I knew someone had done the AVI, but since it's part of the NBA Videos collection in the set of 16 (I think), I wanted to make my own to keep from the VHS. Coolio, then. Thanks, and I will seed as much as I can...

2. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

i want to hear your opinion wich one is better bitcomet or bittorrent

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

depends on what you want from a client.

ease of use
    small memory footprint
    lots of config options

I actually prefer azureus, but have used bitcomet before...seems easy to use for a noob..have never used the original bittorrent client so I cant be specific on that...I do hear that it is small and good for older computers.

UTorrent is another more recent client I hear good things about.

4. thegame_2234

i was thinking about one that download faster something like that or take the more kbs

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I dont think any one client is gonna speed up the download...that is totally depedent on your connection and the connections of the ppl that are uploading to you...factored in with the number of seeds available.

Remember folks....the more seeders stay online, the faster the download for everyone.
    I no longer have access to the fast pipe of last season....these will be initially seeded over a residential line.

6. thegame_2234

ok thanx for the help i appreciate r2k no problem.

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Is that on VHS? Because I happen to have the Celtics Dynasty DVD collection (What? It's a great series. I'd get the Sixers and Lakers one if I could afford it.), and that has Game 4 of the 1986 series. It's a heartbreaking loss but if you guys are going to do the whole series, I can rip it and at least one game can be from a DVD transfer.

8. dream2franchise

I'm actually going to order them from www.pontel.com .

I'm looking to build up my Hakeem collection so i'm going to grab these as soon as i can muster up the dough. They don't deliver to the states which sucks for anyone living in the US, but once i get them i'll try to chuck 'em up here.

They are pretty expensive, but there's around 25 Hakeem games, including a few against the Bulls, the lakers miracle shot game, finals series against knicks and magic and the kiss of death game.

My kids need to know who the man was, when i have kids ofcourse. :D

9. Shaji

Shaji Contributing Member

i just wanted to say thanks to you r2k

btw im trying to seed game 1, and its saying that no one is dling from me (or that im seeding at a 0.0 kb/s rate)...something wrong?

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

just leave it on...people may not be d/ling at the moment, but someone may jump on at 7 pm and it'll be helpful if you're still seeding

11. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

o gosh, its very slow.. :eek:

12. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

THANK YOU ROCKETS2K

can some of you please seed the Game 3? it is very slow

13. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

That's what I use since I reinstalled: I have absolutely zero complaints and quite a few good things to say about Utorrent.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Does Game 5 include the infamous white Bronco chase? The trip down memory lane just wouldn't be complete without it.:D

16. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

nice games!! Games 4 and 5 brought me to the low times compared to 1 and 3, of course. Can't wait to see 6 and 7 if you have it! I was in Malaysia during those 2 games and wasn't able to watch it at the time :(

17. TheDynastyInMs

does anyone remember the game when the OJ chase interupted the game? I was sooo mad.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I do have 6 and 7 (Ill put them up on the tracker in 30 minutes or so from now.)
    the only one I dont have in all the Rockets Finals is game 2 in 94.

doo-koo

no Bronco, sorry
    These were recorded off of Australian TV, so Im pretty sure it was on a time delay..

19. AggieRocketFan96

R2K,
    If you have some patience and time, I have several hundred VHS taped NBA games regular season and playoffs (as well as NCAA) from the mid 80s through late 90s to include the entire ROX/SA western conf finals, ROX finals against NY (even the Simpson White Bronco chase interruption!) and Orlando and all other playoff games in between. I'm in the middle of a move between NC and El Paso and should hopefully be able to find these tapes once my household goods are delivered to the new house once I get settled in. I'll hit you up then, get a mailing address from you, and I'll send them as long as you just get me DVD copies in return. Even have many, many vintage Jordan games. Its a huge collection to include the old Channel 20, HSN, etc ROX games. I've kept all of these tapes thinking one day I would get them reformatted into DVD format.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

sounds great. :)

For obvious reasons, I would want to tackle the important Rockets games first. Dont need to worry with the 94(except for game 2) and 95 Finals since I was able to get them from Smeggy....but alot of the other ones(especially vs SA in the 95 WCFs) would be awesome to get.

Im not going anywhere, so when you are ready..just shoot me a message.

I do want to mention that the offseason is the best time to do this since my time is severely limited during the season with current games going every other day or so. So the quicker we get on this, the quicker I can start getting them out.