1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videogames] Monster Hunter: World (especially recommended for Dark Souls fans)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drexlerfan22, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I confess that I used a long-since-patched exploit that let you dupe gems to get a bunch of attack gems. Enough to max out the skill, and 50 more as melding fodder. :D

Truth is I barely use them though, actually. If I want attack up I tend to gem for affinity instead.

:(

I wish PS4/XB1 could play cross-platform, particularly this game. My cousin-in-law got the game not long ago for XB1 and it kills me that I can't play with him.

2. Drexlerfan22

Sooooooo they just added the equivalent of a raid boss named Kulve Taroth. It's still 4 people per actual instance of the fight, but all 16 people on each server contribute towards defeating her. Her parts let you craft REALLY good armor, plus some armor transmogs... and the real showstopper is she drops "relic" weapons, which tend to be tweaked versions of existing weapons, some of which are better than the originals.

Any Clutchfans on PS4 that wanna join in, let me know... I've only got a total of 3 active players in my squad at the moment. I assume I will probably end up jumping on some random servers for the first time on occasion.

3. Drexlerfan22

Bump.

Any Clutchfans that are playing this on PS4 do let me know. I still play almost entirely solo or with two real-life friends, and since most quests allow 4 people, it would be awesome to have a 4th person from ClutchFans. Just add me on PSN if interested and say you're from ClutchFans and wanna do some monster huntin'... PSNID is Drex2234.

EDIT: Oh, and PSA on the game also... they have their summer event going over a two-week period. Mostly that means they bring all the event quests back, so now is a particularly good time to grab any and all timed-event content you may have missed. Such as the Wyvern Ignition Greatsword, which is by far the best Greatsword in the game (plus it looks cool).

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I bought this on PC.