1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[videogame] The WarZ....zombies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Basically an open world zombie appocolypse where you not only have to deal with zombies, but other players too while you scavenge for supplies. You need food and water (juice, coke etc.) to survive. Basically like a zombie MMO.

Game is going to have 250 player servers. At the moment, in alpha it only has 40 man servers. Map is already really freaking big. But going to get even larger when beta is released and then the final game.

If anyone has played the Dayz mod for Arama II, this is using the same concept but IMO....implemented MUCH better. And it looks pretty damn good too, especially for an alpha.

I've had a lot of fun playing it so far with buddies online.

Anyone else playing it?

http://thewarz.com/

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/un5-2_t72uM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 Uprising, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Which systems?

3. Uprising

PC only.

4. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Is it better than DayZ, the zombie mod for Arma 2?

5. Uprising

I like it better. The controls are way better, killing zombies way better. Dayz, always seemed really glitchy to me. The way the zombies moved, and the way they died.

This game has true FPS controls, the inventory system is 100% better than Dayz. All the normal keys from an FPS, are implemented into this game.

Check out twitch.tv to see what I mean.

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/The War Z

6. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Hmm, $24.99 for the survivor package.

Oh well, guess i'll be checking my credit card limit first.

Probably buy it next week after i read more about it and watch more videos.

7. Uprising

There's plenty of videos of it out there. I did the same. Jumped on it, and got 4 of my friends to get it.

Game is damn fun. Always paranoid someone will try to kill you for your stuff, so I've turned into a shoot first person. If you are near us with a weapon...I'm sorry.

Had a guy try to kill me with a flashlight to my cranium...luckily I had an m16.

It's fun, you can be neutral or become a bandit etc.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I got a beta pass and played a few days with my friend. It was a lot of fun, but you have to have a lot of patience and also have to understand this game is far from a finished product.

9. Uprising

Guess other's aren't playing it.

Missing out! :p

10. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I've had this game since it came out so I've been playing for a little over a month. Here are my 2 cents.

If you're looking for a fast paced zombie shooter where you have tons of ammo to mow down zombies left and right, get Left 4 Dead. Finding a gun is hard in this game and finding extra ammo is really hard. You typically won't ever use your gun on zombies unless you're in a pickle, as melee weapons are more efficient and more quiet. Also when you die, your character stays dead for an hour (you can have up to five characters) and you lose everything in your inventory, so you really never want to put yourself in much danger unless you have to.

You have to manage your health, food intake and liquid intake as well, so you're pretty much always going to have to be moving around and looking for food.

Don't buy this game if you plan on playing alone. I've found that having a group makes the game WAY more fun to play as you can have each others backs and roam around the map killing other players, zombies and finding loot.

Also hackers have been terrorizing the servers lately which makes it really frustrating considering the perma-death aspect of the game. Also there are a lot of campers/snipers/and people who shoot on sight so it might be frustrating for players starting out.

Remember, when you're buying this game you're basically pre-ordering it. The actual game isn't done yet. What you're paying for is Alpha/Beta access. The game is NOT done and it shows so you have to take that into account. The devs update regularly and you can definitely see the potential even though its currently only in Alpha.

Overall, this game has its flaws but it's EXTREMELY fun. I've had a blast, especially when me and some buddies have all hopped on Ventrilo together, got really geared up and terrorized the map together. The price isn't too bad also for around $20-30. I would definitely recommend this game to everyone, especially if you enjoy survival/zombie games, but remember that the game isn't complete yet and won't be for several months.

11. Uprising

Yeah ammo is hard to find. Which is why I was pissed, when I found 3 M16's and 2 mossberg shotguns, but couldn't for the life of me find a melee weapon.

I wasted so many bullets on zombies.

Ammo is hard as hell to find.

As for playing with buddies, it is damn fun. I'm too paranoid to play alone, always checking my back. I'd rather have a friend or two with me carrying another AR, for security.

Honestly, I've pretty come to the point where I shoot instantly at you if you have a gun.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

The zombies seem pretty non threatening ?

I watched a couple of videos and it seems more like a human vs human hunting game with zombies thrown in for effect ?

I noticed many different types of environments.Is there just one huge map or is it broken up into different regions ?

13. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Honestly as of now zombies aren't much of a threat unless you aggro multiple ones at the same time. Hopefully that will change as they are planning on adding another more athletic type of zombie and a super zombie that only comes out at night. Right now in this version the PvP aspect definitely takes precedent.

It's one huge map based on a Colorado type environment. Right now the map seems to be a good size as they will probably only allow 70 people per server once the game hits beta.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This thread reminded me of the retro text-based, turn-based zombie game Urban Dead that I played for a little while.

15. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

if you get killed by someone then see "goon squad" in chat... sorry.