1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video you've waited for]MAD MAX MIX!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 5, 2010.

?

This is

1. good memories for me!

63 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. first time seeing some Mad Max highlights

30 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the record, I didn't make it, but some hero did!
    they even got the Miami shot!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/93CFeNMXgEI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/93CFeNMXgEI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8SlYG3B-AB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8SlYG3B-AB4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that second vid was a huge letdown...nowhere close to pesterizing anyone.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

oops, pOsterizing...he pesterized many, but also not on that vid.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Whoever Misiek is, if you are a clutchfan, pop up here and you'll get some major rep points.

How in the world did you find some of these highlights?

This is like Indiana Jones finding the Lost Ark or even those Crystal Skulls.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah, I didn't make that video or title it. it should have just been early Mad Max highlights...

Who the hell has these old vintage Rockets videos?

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Man I loved watching him get under Jordan's skin. The one guy I can really remember not ever backing down from MJ and having success doing so. Max had some amazingly clutch moments

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I can dig it tinman.

I began watching the Rockets during the Stevie Franchise era, so this is new to me.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vernon Maxwell is so sick...

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That second vid was somewhat of a letdown as well because 75% of it were clips straight from the championship video. I have that it home, but those last few ones as an ex-rocket were unique.

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Where's the footage of him throwing the free weights at Gary Payton?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

yes when Maxwell turned into a journey man. that's rare stuff.

what I really like about Maxwell's game is that dude never hesitates to take big shots.

I guess to the newer fans, he was JR Smith with better defense, a decent passing game, and more technical fouls.

he has his "Trevor Ariza" moments, but he also has his "Kobe" moments!
    ;)

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I thought he was similar to Cat Mobley, both played good defense and jacked up tons of 3s. Maxwell was a better passer.

Maxwell was always in attack mode, kinda like Von Wafer.

13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

The highlights video is kind of a letdown, no rare footage at all. He took all his footage from games that are out there. Most of it from the Knicks series, game 3 vs. Suns and the rest of the Rockets footage is not that rare.

Post-Rockets are you have:
    - as a king @ la which was in 99 and I think all the kings lakers games of 98-99 are available
    - sonics uniform vs. rockets where he had 20+ and exploded in the 4th and I think made the GW shot from three.
    He started to talk thrash heavily to the Rockets bench, Bill and Calvin had nothing but praise even when he started to go off.
    - sonics vs. grizzlies (where he had 27pts and could've easily been the game with the GW)
    - 76ers one vs. nets is of his 41pts game in 95-96

Tinman, I'm actually suprised how you think this is rare. I was under the impression you had many games on vhs / dvd yourself and knew what was going around.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think a lot of it comes from the clutch city/double clutch videos.

What we need is for someone to raid the archives of KRIV-20 and the various cable channels that carried home games.

If anybody has long lost footage of the Sonics' dumbell toss and a good angle of the "heckler punch" in Portland - that stuff is better than the Zapruder film. I wish cell phone cameras/youtube existed back then.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He was even in attack mode in the Luby's parking lot! :grin:

16. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Clutch City!

I watched that one and Double Clutch probably over 100 times as a kid, and I think literally all of the footage of him as a Rocket in the first video is from Clutch City. Maybe a little bit from Double Clutch too since he was with the Rockets for half the season when they started 9-0.

17. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Probably my favorite player growing up....thanks tinman...great memories indeed.

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Nice beat.

19. SuraGotMadHops

Mad Max ran into the stands well before the Malice at the Palace.

20. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Nice mix!... Ahh great memories!! Mad Max!!

Kinda sad how Cylde made everyone forget him so fast. :( He had "Mad Skillz"