1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Yao speaks after full contact practice today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Mar 1, 2007.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Yao is ready. JVG is right if he is cleared for full contact practice, he can play in games. Reverse roles with Deke to start, that is have Deke/JT play 36 min and let Yao on the court for 12 or so. The doctors are way too cautious, his knee isn't going to heal anymore.

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I <3 this board.

Great find.

I'm so ancy for Yao's return to the court. I'm really interested to see how this team plays with a guy that is almost automatic in the post with good passing skills. Yao also provides a very valuable prescense on the defensive end as well.

I feel like I we have never seen dominant Tracy and dominant Yao together on the court at the same time. In Tracy's first year here, Yao was still a little timid, and last year when Yao broke out, Mac was going through his share of problems. Hopfully this is the year they both play up to their potential together on the court at the same time.

3. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

The next chance Yao has at a full contact practice would most likely be next Tuesday. If he feels good after that, I would say a good opponent to ease him back would be the Celtics on Wednesday.

Friday against NJ is probably what the doctor orders, but Jason Collin is a big strong dude so I don't know if it's a good time to test out his knee then.

4. declan32001

declan32001 Member

This is good news - felt much better than when he returned after having his toenail removed - and it just seems like he has the "attitude" that so many critics said he'd never have. He wants to play, but now it's clear he expects to stomp whoever he's up against.

Nice props for Jake. Anyone ho can make Yao say a bunch of curse words has the full support of 99% of this bbs. :D

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

great, I feel like a kid a week or so b4 xmas. :eek:

6. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Can someone put this onto Youtube..... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease??

For some reasons, it did not work for me from this Click2Houston site.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

probably thats because thats the last time he played.... :p

great news, hopefully the whole "knee brace" controversy is a bunch of crap

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Oh man....come back soon big fella, it's rough out here without you man. I don't think I could stomach much more of what I witnessed last night.

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I would love to just see him suited up for the game on saturday.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good point. :D

Magic Johnson was just giving props to the Roxs. All the other TNT anchors(Kenny cough-cough Smith, Shipley, I mean Barkley) were stroking the mavs and Magic said.." I am NOT going to say that just b/c they have the best record that that will translate to a title. It is not automatic. They have to beat some very good teams in the west, just to get to the finals. Phoenix is scary, SA is on a roll and Yao Ming coming back to a Roxs team playing like they have been in his absence...they will be a team that no one will want to face in the first round.!!! Go Magic, unlike Charles Barkley who craps on the roxs...Magic Talked about a Portland team with the best record back in the day, and they did not win the title.

11. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Gotta love 'em. I can't wait! His English still use a tiny bit of work.

12. bchapman101

bchapman101 Contributing Member

Yao is incredible in every way. The Rockets are so blessed to have had Hakeem and now Yao.

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Best part of the whole interview is Berman asking Yao "What surprised you in practice today?"

Then Yao says the coast to coast line, all the reporters crack up, and Berman is all pissed, saying "I just can't get a straight answer."

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would of punched that reporter in the face.

Laugh, enjoy. Yao is so freakin happy, so be happy with him instead of being a butt and paranoid that he is joking around.

15. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Easy. He was joking with Yao.

16. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

this is so FU(KING AWESOME! Cant wait til my boy Yaos back

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

of course you don't want to rush him back at all. however, i agree with JVG: if he can play in a full contact practice then why not a game.

i know everyone is excited to have him back but i hope people understand that he will not be close to the same level which we last saw him. not for some time.

i like the idea of bringing him back into the rotation for 12 minutes a game. let him play against the scrubs and get his confidence up.

18. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I wonder if Rafer and Co. will be able to remember how to dump it inside to him... :)

19. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

The way they have been shooting, they can't wait to dump that ball down to Yao!

20. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

all rafer has to do is pretend that yaos head is the rim, and rafer will easily end up with about 22 assists. TEARDROP PASSES FTW!