1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] White, Lamb, Jones Introductory Press Conference.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Jeremy Lamb .... the new Sleepy Floyd.

Anyway, was that that dork Barry Warner that asked McHale if it was like running a nursery school with the young talent? Royce had one of those "I know he didn't" smirks on his face. So did Terrence, kind of. lol.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Also, from the interviews I've seen of White and his bio, it seems like he and Arian Foster would get along - especially in terms of work ethic.

3. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I'm really impressed by how comfortable and mature Royce White looked. Seemed to have a great attitude.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't follow college basketball, but know of some of the names. I had no idea who Royce White was until people started hyping him up in the NBA Draft forum. I looked up some of his videos and his composure and ability to communicate were the things that stood out most.

BTW, still watching this press conference, and I swear some of these reporters can ask some dumb questions. One of them just asked Terrence how he felt about the fact some said if Royce had been on Jones' Kentucky team, Royce would've been the best player. Seriously? What exactly do you expect the kid to say? Geez.

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

and still no one uploaded on youtube? :confused:

6. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

Just realized this thread came from Jacoby (D1P)! :) Thanks for the links dude. I'm really excited to see White and Lamb this season. I think White will be a fan favorite.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Great answers from Lamb, especially the part about the ups and downs in college and how losing forms you more than winning a national championship. Morey was impressed.

8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I wonder how these guys feel, knowing that Morey was trying to make deals that would've never had them coming to Houston, then turning around and saying he was targeting all of them in the draft. Kinda makes us look like a joke

9. Jamers

Jamers Member

Terrence Jones face looked like he'll be traded the day after tomorrow

10. DMaster

DMaster Member

Those camera sounds are ticking me off.

11. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

YouTube! Someone please

12. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

I bet they understand that Morey wasn't putting all his eggs in one basket. His plan might have been to land dwight howard, but surely he had back up plans of who he was interested in if that fell through. My guess is they are happy they have been chosen, and understand a team trying to land the best center in the league. Do you think whoever Phoenix drafted feels bad because he knows they were targeting lamb originally?

13. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

So, Lamb has the demeanor of a top talent. Lotsa upside that he has to realize. Might be a tough transition for him. Or maybe we'll get lucky and he'll just walk into the NBA and kick some ass? Maybe?

Jones has the presence of someone who "just wants to fit in". The kinda guy who will just work hard, etc. He looks fast and strong. Quiet, but probably goes all out on the court, you can see that.

White looks like a great personality to have on your team. Dude looks like a beast. I can see him being a top NBA player/personality somehow. Big guys who have handles and can pass -- I hope he really excels. I think he will.

Of all three I can see White stepping right into the rotation.