1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video]Vernon Maxwell update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Cannot post a thread so here it is, vote vor Maxwell and the other 4 for your team of the 90s:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/fans/rockets_team__the_90s_2012_03_01.html

The list is rather short, the starting 5 of the first championship + Elie, Cassell, Barkley & Drexler. No love for Scott Brooks or Herrera ? I know they wouldn't make it but wouldn't hurt you get to vote for them.

I suspect they do not even count the fans votes and just go by what they want. It's ridiculous that Thorpe & Maxwell probably will not be honoured because Les and fans do not know or appreciate them.

My guess:

Kenny, Drexler, Horry, Barkley & Olajuwon

The team it should be:

Kenny, Maxwell,Thorpe & Olajuwon - they were together since 1990 and though I voted for Horry since he was a big part of the 94-95 run and our success in 92-93, Drexler would be good too.

However, Drexler over Maxwell is taking away what Vernon did for us for 5 years to what Drexler did in 2 playoff runs. Barkley over Thorpe is the worst though, Barkley didn't do **** for us. Thorpe was a monster and needs to be in.

If Max & Thorpe don't make it, please can some1 go to the Warriors game the 22nd of March and have a sign saying: In honour of Vernon & OT !!

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dream is a given.

Maxwell's best days were with the Rockets and there were way too many awesome moments for the people who actually saw him play.

Same with OT, OT brought stability to the low post with Dream. First time he had someone he can trust besides Ralph Sampson.

I voted for Clutch City, the original.

Kenny, Vernon, Dream, Horry, OT

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Drexler is always with the Rockets cause he's on the TV team, we never see Vernon.

OT is a hero, but I still love what Chuck did.
    The newbs won't vote for Chuck because of TNT, but then again, I don't think they know how important OT was to the Rockets.

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I voted the original as well, thanks for starting the thread.

Spot on, but my guess is even if Maxwell were to have the top 5 votes Leslie or whoever will not get him in because of his controversial punch and departure in '95.

OT should make it, I don't care if people don't vote for Charles because of his hate of the Rockets or whatever, they should look at what both did and who was a real Rocket, which was OT. Without OT, there's no clutch city.