1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Tyson Chandler flagrant foul on Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2012.

1. shoops

shoops Member

Doesn't look like there was ill will really, just seems like a hard frustration foul. Excessive and unnecessary contact, easily a flagrant in today's league.

2. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Thanks Carol!

3. ada32

ada32 Member

Tyson Chandler was one of Lin's mentor.

It is just competitive sport on the court! You have to earn your respect from your opponent.;)

4. Prince

Prince Member

Baby Chandler was whining the whole night.

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

It definitly a flagrant foul. I wonder what he would do if Rondo were a rockets player. It will be ugly.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe I haven't watched enough Knicks games this season, but I kept on thinking "This is a 18-5 team? This is all you got?" Yeah, they were missing Melo last night but it's not like they looked better at the Toyota Center when Melo played. In particular, the defense just looked horrible. Tyson Chandler is Defensive Player of the Year and it looked like he was doing his friend Jeremy a favor the way he allowed Lin to just mosey into the paint over and over again. The flagrant foul was the only time that I remember that Chandler even tried to defend Lin-- and even that was like "Here are a couple of free throws for you, Jeremy. Hope this gets you going for the rest of the season."

Of course, it didn't help that the Knicks 3s were not falling, even open ones taken by JR and Novak. The only thing that kept the game score looking respectable at the end was hot shooting from Chris Copeland (much of it in garbage time).

7. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

thanks for the sharing.

8. sew

sew Member

Play wasn't malicious, but it was quite clearly a flagrant.

9. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Well Tyson did have one of his best years offensively playing with Lin so I guess he was feeling gracious to the point of giving him two FTs and the ball lol. But I have watched a lot of Knicks games, and it seems like Tyson just decides to take some nights off. One night he'll be a defensive beast and the next you won't even be able to tell that he's the reigning DPOY. One of the main reasons Knicks are even top seed is due to Melo playing out of his mind right now.

10. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Some Knicks fans wanted Tyson to hurt Lin or any other Rockets players. I remember reading some of their comments how they were happy that Tyson did it but was disappointed because Lin didn't get hurt.... Talking about sore losers and haters.

11. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you ver much for the update, much appreciated. Wish I could be there.

12. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Thanks for the recap. :)

13. 5KR4TCH

5KR4TCH Contributing Member

Good pass by Parsons and finish by Lin didn't start watching game til a little after this bucket happened. Thanks for share

14. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

You know, I don't know. I didn't see him but then I wasn't looking for him. I kind of forgot about him to tell you the truth. lol

When I got there, about an hour before game time, Amar'e was running some drills though. Also, all of the Rockets were off, except James who was still shooting for a bit before leaving the court.

There were a couple of little boys sitting courtside with NYK Lin 17 jerseys on. One of the kids wore a fake Harden beard. Jeremy went and signed for them before the game and I saw on twitter where James took a picture with them. Cute.

There were quite a few Lin jerseys in the crowd, some Knicks 17, some Rockets 7....

And, when Jeremy scored that first bucket, he got a good amount of cheers. I think had he played well and the Knicks still won, or at least stayed in the game, the crowd would have stayed with him for the most part. When the Knicks started falling behind, they turned on him pretty quickly. But it was much more fun to see the Rockets coast like that. Even with the big lead, I was afraid of the Knicks finding some way to come back. When they got it down to 5, I started to get nervous but then the Rox went on that 15-0 run and that just totally deflated the whole Garden...except for the Rockets fans.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I really had a great time. The Rockets are so much fun to watch when they're off and running.

15. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you again for sharing your experience at MSG. I agree this team has a lot of potential if they can grow and develop together.

16. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Does anyone else remember those backdoor cut passes that Lin always gave Harden in the first 5 or so games that got us about 6 points each game? Why don't they use that anymore?

17. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Bob Sura would have gotten in TC's face. I remember he made Josh Howard curl up into a ball after tripping Yao Ming.

18. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

The one thing I miss about Artest is he wouldn't let anyone punk one of his teammates, T-Mac also to a degree. All those times we Luis Scola got picked on and no one had his back. :(

19. PeppermintCandy

I don't think Chandler took the night off, and he seemed pretty pissed at the (lack of) defense that his teammates were playing.

OTOH Novak went 1-5 in 30+ minutes. I think he tanked this one for his buddy. :)

And thanks CarolNYC for the great post.