1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Tyson Chandler flagrant foul on Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2012.

1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

I love Tyson Chandler. He plays with heart and fire. He and Lin are good buddies off the court. But on the court, Lin is the enemy and its his house. Just like Oakley was good buddies with Pippen but he clobbered Pippen all the time in games. Need a guy like that on the Rockets.

2. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Haha, wow, I had to go back and check :grin:

3. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

its a good hard foul, part of the game.
    hey, how you doing.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

If Asik could catch and finish like Tyson Chandler this team would be almost unstoppable.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

For guys like Lambier that was a regulation run of the mill foul.Karl Malone split Isiah Thomas nose in half and it was called an accidental contact and a regular foul.Different eras

6. Luca

Luca Member

Hey Carol, how was it being at the game? MSG must be nuts.

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Yea it was a different world and game back then. Remember after Malone split Isiahs head open that Lambier told Isiah to get up and walk off of the court because he was a Piston.

8. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Aw, it was great. Jeremy got a really nice warm loud ovation when introduced and he got some cheers throughout the game. Of course, once he and the Rockets started pulling ahead, the cheers from a lot of the Knicks fans turned to boos every time he had the ball. After the flagrant, when Jeremy was on the line shooting the first free throw, the boos were deafening.

Also, after he shot the airball, loud boos. Best part of that was JR Smith airballing right after, which totally shut the crowd up.

The guys next to me were season ticket holders at their first game of the year. They were rooting for the Knicks but kept saying, 'they can't stop him, they can't stop Jeremy....or Harden'. They threw in the towel on a Knicks win midway through the third. One of them left when the quarter ended, the other after those 3 consecutive 3s....Morris, then Harden, Harden, I think it was.

Actually, the whole crowd got really quiet in that third quarter....and then a lot of them started leaving. Would have been interesting to see how they would have reacted if the game were close and Jeremy was a factor in beating them down the stretch.

Nice greeting from Novak before the game started. Big hug from Tyson before tip off. He spent a bit of time with Novak after the final buzzer and then, Tyson, pushed through the crowd to chase Jeremy down to give him another big hug and talk to him some after the game was over. Like I said, I'm sure there's no bad blood between them.

When Jeremy was being interviewed on the court after the game, Shump ran by and gave him a friendly swat/pat/whatever on the head....I hope I'm not getting too LOF for the vets here....but it was nice to see these guys are still buddies.

As for the Rockets, I know that Lin fans get frustrated with McHale and Sampson, but man, as far as I could tell, there was nothing but love from that whole team for Jeremy last night. Cute moment when Jeremy was coming off the court for a time out and Sampson went out on the court to meet him with an enthusiastic chest bump.

When McHale took Jeremy out at the end of the game, Harden was all the way out on the court congratulating him. He seemed happier about Jeremy's success than Jeremy did. That was sweet.

I know the team wanted to win just because, well, they want to win games and the Knicks, being undefeated at home and with that great record so far, looked like a they would be a tough team to beat, but it was hard to come away from that game not thinking that they all...from McHale on down....were especially happy for Jeremy. It was really special to see. I'm going to get really girly here but I loved all of them so much last night.

I do wish TD had a bit of a better game but all in all it was really so so much fun. NYC really does miss Lin...

I wish the Rockets could play in the Garden every week. :) :) :)

That was probably more than you cared to know. Thanks for asking....

4 people like this.
  9. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

You call yourself a ROX fan? Dayuumm you're annoying as F**K. GTFO Welcome to my ignore list.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't think he wanted to hurt him or anything. No bad blood. It looked kind of bad with the elbows out, but he was just trying to defend, and I think that is also how Lin took it.

11. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

The ROX players are all class acts. Thx for sharing

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think I would have called that a flagrant.

13. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Thanks! I would rep you if I could.

Was Melo there?

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Nothing malicious there, but definitely warranted a flagrant.

Good call by the refs, good response from Lin.

15. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

NEVER too much info. Thanks!

16. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

good foul. yesterday's love tap is a flagrant today

if i were chandler though, i would have tried to play a little defense. Lin didnt really have the angle. Looked like he was going for a Dr. J there, no? lol

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lin tai chi the elbow really nicely

18. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

That was a flagrant 1........no question at all. Tc went for his head and not the ball. You ppl who are saying it wasn't a "flagrant foul" realize there is a flagrant 2 as well right?

19. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

ROFL good thing you aint a ref...

20. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

the same could be said for you buddy. I'm guessing you're either really young or you haven't been watching basketball that long.

^^Sorry about the assumption