1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Troy Daniels denies James Harden a triple-double... twice!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I was one row behind him to his left (my right)

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

I like Harden's attitude , he showed leadership intsted of elbowing Troy as if a Kobe would had done in this situation :]

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You say triple doubles are a ridiculous stat yet ironically use the NBA stat which is most ridiculous of all time.

It took Big O 44 minutes per game to get that stat. At 44 mpg magic and bird would have logged many too. And they would have logged them in the modern era

Ppl. Please quit reciting oscar Robertson averaging a triple double in 1962 at 44 mpgs

It just not comparable to today's stats. No body can play 44 mpg nowadays, nor do we play white man defense anymore

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Do players check their stats in game? On the assistants ipads or something?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

:confused:

the freaking scoreboards allowed the entire stadium to know harden was on a triple double. this stadium knowing the stats happened well before ipad technology.

man, mig0s, I worry about you sometimes.

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The Toyota Center scoreboards show the players stats. Basically a boxscore for the players currently in the game.

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Troy was trying to get some stats on the board is all! Haha

Guess its hard to have the awareness when you don't play, I dunno

8. declan32001

declan32001 Member

What is white man defense? Are we talking 60's white man defense or 80's or 90's? Is it ok for me to hate Bowen as much as I do Payton? What crap.

Triple doubles are frikkin' meaningless in terms of the impact a player has on any given game. Glad you understood the irony of my 1st sentence, but once you point out irony - you're already late to the party.

So do you want to talk about Magic/Bird's triple-doubles? MJ/Dream's? Clyde's? Shaq's/Kobe's? T-Macs? Yeesh.

Some are much more organic than others and they're still meaningless.

Self-branding these days is necessary and that's cool, but Harden's minutes need to start coming down immediately. Last night was bad and fun theater.

I prefer the game.

9. Hwon

Hwon Member

Maybe he was going up against Harden in his fantasy league.

1 person likes this.
  10. CrashTheBoards

The end where the Nuggets player was screaming, "DON'T SHOOT, DON'T SHOOT, DON'T SHOOT!" Then Fareid proceeds to air ball a shot right into Harden's hands. Perfect ending.

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Faried has Harden to thank for that contract extension he got after FIBA with all those alley oops Faried got off of Harden passes. lolol

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah faried was doing his boy harden a favor there no doubt

13. mockster

mockster Member

I liked james harden attitude. He wasent pissed or anything. Just show he most wants to win and could care less about individual stats.

14. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I was thinking the same thing. If we get healthy we will be a very dangerous team. You can tell that everyone likes each other.

15. cebu

cebu Member

Ignoramuses - Daniels and Capella. When they are on the court all they think about is to chase the ball and shoot.

16. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

The guy sitting 2 seats to the right of Morey is Dr. Steven Flores, the Rockets team orthopedic surgeon. He just did my rotator cuff surgery 9 weeks ago. He made it sound like it was a burden to be their doctor, since he has to travel alot with them. He trained under Dr. Walt Lowe who is the Texans team doctor. I work with UT Health so get to hear alot of stories from these guys.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

rep for a story ;)

18. dragician

dragician Member

was it covered by insurance? where is his clinic located?

thanks.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The lady 1 row behind Morey (to his left - their right) doesn't look particularly drunk?

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

cliff notes of my thoughts:
    - hate to see Harden out there so late in a certain win to get stats
    - Harden showed good poise - didn't get upset but rather encouraged his boneheaded teammate
    - Daniels was just happy to be out - kind of like when you take even the most well trained puppy dog outside for the first time in a long while and they don't listen as well because they are just too happy to be out.
    - Faried most certainly gets the assist for that last Harden rebound with all the guys yelling "don't shoot"
    - Harden even pulls down the triple double in the clutch.