1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Troy Daniels denies James Harden a triple-double... twice!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2014.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The best part is when after Troy gets it that everyone is laughing and having fun with it. You can tell there is a period of frustration from Harden but then it looks like he's just appreciating the effort. Even Troy was laughing at it. It's good to see them laugh about stats because for some players those stats are a very serious thing.

2. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Ok, it was very entertaining, but this triple-double bs has always been ridiculous. The big "O" averaged one for an entire season.

I'd have been happier if Harden had it two more shots and had 6rbs.

And wtf was Harden even in the game at that point? If Harden bruised himself elbowing Daniels in the orbital socket I'd be screaming for McHale's head along with Troy's.

Dream had almost 2 quadruple-doubles in a little over a week. That was notable, but neither of those were close to his most dominant games.

I want health and wins. I don't give a damn about ESPN notoriety.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Something tells me Harden may not be overwhelmingly concerned about what you do/don't care about. LOL.

4. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

I really got a kick at how the team and even McHale were all laughing so hard about it. I'm probably reading too much into it, but it exemplified the fact that this team has very good chemistry to me.

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Daniels just messed up any chance of getting playing time ever again :p
    The second one was really stupid, though I never liked how players (stay in the game and) try so hard to get a certain statline just for the sake of it.

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

What a jealous little prick

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

I laughed when I saw that. But I think Troy got a little bit too much grief on that. I don't think it was that he didn't know that Harden needed a rebound. I bet he was just looking up at the ball and didn't realize whether Harden was around him, or a Denver player, or who.

But it worked out. Harden got his triple double with another amazing performance

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

If the game was still in question and Harden was trying to get a certain stat instead of competing for the win, that would be one thing.

The game was over. He just needed one rebound. All of the players on the bench were having fun with it. The crowd at the arena wanted it (and went crazy when he got it at the end). Harden had an all around great game and deserved the recognition.

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

if harden didnt get it i would understand, but he got it in the end so who cares

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Nobody hatin on the midget. Coach sez u better do something to get minutes kid.

He did.lololololololoolloololololololololl

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I noticed that he was on his way to a triple double that night in the second quarter. Forgot how many points he had but I think he only had 2 rebounds and something like six or seven assists at the half. The rebound part is a bit easier than the assist part.

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

That was dumb. I was at the game 5th row behind rockets bench and didn't realize it was going on either. But to my defense I was lit up.

13. craguin

craguin Member

Did you see Daryl Morey behind in the 6th row behind you?

[​IMG]

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Troy's gotta get his, James.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Harden must do a better job of boxing out Daniels! ;) On a serious note, what in the world was Daniels thinking??? Is he really that clueless? Maybe that is why he is not getting much PT this year!

16. kemah

kemah Member

The poor kid was just trying to live his dream and play in the NBA and giving his all and we give him grief.

Congrats to Harden for another masterful game.

1 person likes this.
  17. vince

vince Member

Daniel knows he has to step it up. he has been sucking bad. and he knows he is a possible target of getting cut. can not blame him for going for a rebound aggressively.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Troy blocked a bunch of fans on Twitter who were making jokes about this. x_x

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Troy on the same side of the floor with Harden is a great play for us. We found something there.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think anybody on the team took the rebound stealing thing seriously. People find it funny and had a good laugh, that's all.

Everybody knew that Harden was staying in this game solely for the purpose of getting the extra rebound. Harden was staying way close to the basket even when his man was wide open on the perimeter just waiting for the potential rebound. It's amusing that Daniels was just totally oblivious to this fact.