1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Thomas Robinson's two big blocks in the 4th quarter vs. Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2013.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Robinson has much more upside than Patterson. If he develops an average jump shot then IMO he's already better than Patterson because he'll bring you defense.

Right now he's one of our better defenders, which is why he keeps seeing the floor over and over again because he's more than solid rotating and as you can see, can block shots.

There were numerous times that Brand could not score on him, he simply couldn't. They kept posting him up and he got about 2 points off of that.

Robinson certainly wasn't the reason we lost tonight, that was sure. He's grown quickly here.

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Morey will be paying JSmoove, or DHo.

3. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Damn, CH just got toasted with that answer

4. the shark

the shark Member

The more I see of this kid the more I like him

5. cheifbootknocka

1 guy? Chauncey Billups is the exception not the rule. Name three more "lotto busts" that became all-stars. For every 1 Chauncey Billups, there are 10-20 "lotto busts" that accomplish nothing in this league. I don't see how pulling one name to the contrary equates getting toasted.

6. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Assuming we are talking about the current Rockets situation, how in the world is Robinson a "lotto bust"? Hes barely played half a season.

7. texastiger713

texastiger713 Member

T-Rob is gonna be a real talent in this league. Got to see him a couple times in college when KU played Mizzou. I'm Anti-Jayhawk everything, but I was always a fan of T-Rob. His pure athleticism is off the charts and he's a stud on the boards. Not to mention that blocking ability he displayed last night in Dallas. This is all besides the point that this guy has been through a lot. At KU, he lost his mom and grandparents within the same month, took on the role of raising his younger sister and continued to be one of the best players in college basketball. Curious to see what it's like for him with 15 or 20 games with this team under his belt. Excited to see him in a Rockets uni for yrs to come.

8. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Steve Nash his rookie year only averaged 3.3 pts/gm and shot 42%.

And that's all I got haha.

The point is, you can't call someone midway through his rookie year a lotto bust. ESPECIALLY a big man, who throughout the league's history have taken longer to develop. We have no idea what kind of player he is or what he can become. I can argue he's taken huge strides just in the 2 weeks he's been on our team

9. mesta

mesta Member

Awesome blocks by trob, but dmo's post up are awesome too. Nothing better than a competition

10. mesta

mesta Member

Ppat's problem is he doesn't always give his full effort. Never know which version of ppat will show up.

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Go look at Dirk Nowitski's rookie stats. People labled him a bust and soft Euro player and look at how his career played out.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thomas Robinson - Mix of Barkley and Karla Malone

13. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

let's calm down on HOF comparisons for now.

At this very second, Robinson is more Tyrus Thomas than Barkley or Malone.

14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

cant believe that MONSTER dunk by TRob was wiped away because of that bogus Beverly foul on the fastbreak

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Would want to see Trob and Dmo playing together. rox will be flying up and down the court.

16. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Trob is showing his stuff.

Beverly did well in 3rd quarter against subs, but his energy didn't do much along with the flopping and fouls in 4th quarter. He gave great effort, but frankly he's a nonfactor in 4th quarter.

17. j3i

j3i Member

Sick blocks. I think Beverley had a nice block on Dirk, also.

18. liunatic

liunatic Member

Also, I don't remember seeing anyone post TRob highlights from the last game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2_7k2QYT83A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kudos to the poster of the video.

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

patterson would have had at least 5 boards in 28 minutes.

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Joe Johnson, Tyson Chandler, Dirk.