1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video]The Arrival and Happy 13th Birthday Clutchfans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Aug 8, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

13 years ago, my life along with thousands of other lives changed dramatically as one David Hardisty aka Clutch decide to put up a website dedicated to the Houston Rockets.

even though Clutch is responsible for so many of us being able to come together and grow as Rockets fans there is one man on the court that was behind the inspiration that started clutchfans and brought us all together(at least in my eyes)

my humble gift to Clutchfans on its 13th birthday,

The Arrival

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/luF-e5oPi5k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/luF-e5oPi5k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

If you havent already please donate to keep this wonderful site running strong for another 13 years. Clutch you will see another donation from me in the near future. Thank You for all your hard work and dedication over the past 13 years.

13 people like this.
  2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Happy Birthday Clutchfans!!! Thanks Clutch!

and btw Yoyo... this video is just spectacular... I just watched it again..... it's almost like a movie.... you have some amazing talent... Thanks for the video.

#2 ItsMyFault, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  3. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Awesome stuff. Thanks Clutch for your commitment to the site after so many years. Thanks to The_YoYo for the awesome video.

EDIT: Clutchfans crew deserves props too!

1 person likes this.
  4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Happy birthday clutchfans!

One thing I don't understand is that its pretty clear that drafting Hakeem was a blessing, a fresh breeze and nothing better but 2 championships, and I can't understand why people are against the idea of once again getting a top pick in a season who is doomed anyways. For me, its championship or bust, if you can't get a chip right now, you might aswell land a top pick, who could turn out as good as Hakeem and bring wonders to this city.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Happy Birthday clutchfans! My friend subtomic showed me this site a long time ago, a couple years after I had first moved to Houston and had just started watching the Rockets. I showed up too late for the championship years ... but I did get to see former Rockets greats like Kelvin Cato, Torraye Braggs, Mo Taylor, and Moochie Norris. I still fondly remember the days of Stevie Franchise dribbling the ball off of his foot on an iso play in the last 10 seconds of close games.

Not long after that, I broke the inside news about my close relationship with my sensei George Ming, Yao Ming's dad:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=65712

After that scoop, I became the most trusted source of true information on clutchfans and throughout the internet.

You're WELCOME.

#5 thadeus, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  6. DreamRoxCoogFan

Yoyo- that was incredible. I really appreciate your time and effort into this, this video is probably one of the select few that actually gave me chills. It was kinda funny to me that I kept thinking about transformers during the video, I kept expecting something to turn into a robot...maybe hakeem is an autobot in disguse haha

The only thing I wish you had changed was adding on the speech by Hakeem when he got the MVP trophy, such a moving and encapsulating moment. Every time I think about how he called the entire team up to get it with him, it astounds and moves me.

Again, I loved the video and it made me start thinking about the past, the championships, the man and the life he leads even today. It boggles my mind that I sometimes pray with the guy. The few times I've talked to him, my throat just kinda closes up as I have all these images in my head (similar to the video) and its hard for me to believe its actually him and he just smiles and nods.

Anyways- I love this site and thanks Clutch (along with the Crew) for all the work and effort you have put in. Happy Birthday!!

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i'll donate again once i get some cash. THE best fan site online, gotta keep it going and growing.

gotta pay off that damn SF rent. :mad:

8. Glide#22

Glide#22 Member

Happy birthday and thanks a lot from a French Fan for long time !

9. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

Awesome Site
    Awesome Video
    The Greatest player that I know to ever grace a basketball court.....Mr Hakeem Olajuwon.

10. rocketsmetalspd

Best site. I don't know what I would do without it I an Clutchfans.net addict. Thanks for the video. The Dream the best center ever. His moves change everything and The Dream Shake is still tried to be copied by players. Best move ever as voted on SI one year.

11. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

Epic music. Takes the video to the next level.

How did we not win every game with this guy? His moves drop my jaw and bring tears to my eyes. I can't even believe the way he moves on offense or defense. No centers or big man today can moves or plays like him - I can see how he inspires them and how they try to emulate, but will we ever see another?

Methinks not.

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

My god he was good...

13. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

More power to this outstanding site. It has been my bible on everything Rockets. :D

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Hey Yoyo, do you mind me asking where you got the music soundtrack for this video? Very spectacular by the way.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

whoa i am surprised i was able to post so coherently at 330 am last night drunk, thats good to know

DRCF - I wanted to but the length of it just wouldnt fit in right I felt I had it ready to go, but yeah thats an awesome moment in Rockets history.

Its called Arrival to Earth and its from the score of the first Transformers movie

16. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Spectacular Video Yoyo.
    I doubt that there will ever be another big man with such agility and grace that Hakeem displayed.. He's almost like the Lebron James version of a PF/Center... Freakish Athlete.

Happy Birthday Clutchfans.

I look forward to visiting this site at least 5 times daily.. :mad:

17. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

1. Pride
    2. No player wants to tank.

Asking a player to tank is not playing your best. And under no circumstances would you want to lose to a team like the Clippers, just to get a chance at a high pick.

What if we get the 4th pick? Or the 8th? Then this entire tanked season will have gone to waste, and we'll be the laughingstocks of the entire NBA.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I've watched it 4 times... love the music you've put to it The_Yoyo. Really appreciate you doing that and remembering the site. You've got to be the most recognizable and loyal Rockets fan on here... the Rockets should just give you free season tickets.

Thanks everyone for the comments and well wishes for ClutchFans...

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

No no no, I don't want to tank as in heys guys miss games, I want to tank as in lets play the young guys.
    And any top 8 pick for me is better than what the Suns got this year..

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Thanks to Clutch and Crew.