1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams makes Houston Rockets debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

His passing looks better than the rest of his game in this particular game.

2. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9JDHyNZ4_8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9JDHyNZ4_8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

T-Will makes 3 identical shots ! LOL!

3. woket

woket Member

Sweet

4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Dude can ball. Hope he can become a regular part of the rotation soon.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

I want to see T.Will get more playing time because all I saw were passes that Ish Smith could make/did. I want to see how he finishes at the rim, how he plays defense, etc. I know it's asking a lot from someone who only played a copule of minutes, but until I see him play more I'm not on his band wagon yet.

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Man the guy has great court vision, if he can develop a jumper he'll be our starting SF for a long time.

7. Twilliams1

Twilliams1 Member

Good minutes for my boy T will, he can be a star in this league. Watched him in New Jersey was suprised they traded him away, hopefully he can do what T mac did when he got to Orlando and take his game to the next level.

8. RoxBro

RoxBro Member

Great passer, too bad our guys couldn't finish at the rim. :mad:

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

10. Happii

Happii Member

Williams is a very good passer but he needs his team mates to hit the shots. Seriously he needs to be playing with better players than Jared Jeffries. Even Chris Paul wouldn't be able to get his assists if his playing with Jared Jeffries.

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

I didn't like how he was smiling while Jeffries was trying to point something out to him...

12. McWai

McWai Member

T-Will really impressed me... dribbling well, nice court vision...

he makes me wonder if we could trade aaron brooks and jared jeffries for a solid center, like nene, okafor or someone else. then our lineup will be

Kyle Lowry/ T-Will/ Ishmael Smith
    Kevin Martin/ Courtney Lee
    Shane Battier/ Chase Budinger
    Luis Scola/ Patrick Patterson/ Jordan Hill
    Nene(Okafor)/ Brad Miller/ Chuck Hayes

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea watched him in NJ too, he always had that tendency to slash and find the open man, which reminds me a lot of T-Mac or Bron. He is the only player on our roster able to do this, shame if he isn't a starter by the end of the month.

14. Happii

Happii Member

I really would like to see T-Will go starter. Battier go backup at 2/3 to provide some defense for Kmart. So it becomes:

Lowry/Brooks/Ish
    Kmart/Battier/Lee
    T-Will/Battier/Bud
    Scola/PPat/JJ
    Hayes/Hill/PPat/Miller

But we know that's not going to happen...

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Man, you guys really need to study on newcoming Rockets. Seriously, his passing a pleasant surprise? Dude was pretty much pegged as having T-Mac's upside back in NJ.

The guy has performed incredibly in many games last year, including a 27/11/10 triple double in one of NJ's only wins. The guy just oozes with skills. The problem with TWill has never been his physical ability. If you take out the mental part of the game, TWill > Battier and Budinger easily.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Glad he got some action. Now, who is out of the rotation at this point? Sorry Bud but it's gonna be you.

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

You don't even know what they were talking about..? Jeffries was probably talking about how he missed that lay-up and sucks.

1 person likes this.
  18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Good highlights. I saw it live. Plenty of room for improvement. For instance, the pass to Patterson when he drove the right side, he should have alley-ooped it up for Patterson to throw it down. Patterson had the position. But, I would say that is probably lack of playing time and gelling with his teammates. The more on-court time he has, the more of those types of plays we will see.

My only question about TWill is will he mature off the court, in the locker room, and outside the arena, and not screw himself into a Vernon Maxwell hole. IF, IF he could be mature off the court, he could grow into a total monster and big time leader on the court.

And yes, I am convinced he was brought in to play point. It's as plain as the nose on your face. Right now, with 8 minutes under his belt, I can see that the two best players we have to initiate our offense from the top are Lowry and TWill.

Before any of you jump on me about that statement "initiating our offense from the top", I'm not talking about coming down and isoing at the top, I'm talking about getting us into our offense, our half-court sets so we can run our stuff. Dribbling out the clock at the end of the quarter, and flattening everybody out so someone can set you a screen for the final shot is not initiating our offense.

If he can get and keep his head screwed on straight, he can be special. If he doesn't, he will turn into garbage. And we'll see it on court.

1 person likes this.
  19. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

He is who I thought he was. I believe this a great system for him to play in.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

great passer