1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams makes Houston Rockets debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He had more slick passes in 5 minutes than Taylor had his Rockets whole career. Williams drives to the rim might be forced, no one's going to confuse him with Magic Johnson. Though his recognition of open men and the actual passes were delivered right on the money. I think on the POTENTIAL assists stat that Morey keeps track of, Williams will score well on that.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

his court vision is through the roof

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Finally!!!

He could have got 6-7 assists if our guys could finish open dunks/3's..

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Where are the videos of T-Will passing?

5. cbb139

cbb139 Member

very impressed with his court vision and passing abilities, he needs to play more, or the rockets need to make a trade somewhere to give him some time. The second unit gave him the ball to initiate the offense even with brooks on the court. I always thought he was good scorer, but man, his passing skills are outstanding

6. dschwab

dschwab Contributing Member

7. PeppermintCandy

That's why I said 'a passing version of Taylor,' since Taylor rarely passed once he made up his mind to drive to the basket.

Williams's passes were good, but over-eager and forced. Then again, the Rockets were trying to make up a double-digit deficit in a hurry, and it's natural for Williams to be excited about playing for the first time in a Rockets uniform.

I'd just like to see how his drive-and-dishes look against real competition before calling him the answer to any of the team's needs.

8. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

His build and movement on the court had shades of Wade.

I have to see more to get a handle on him...but he looks multi-dimensional.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TLeOSOe4GmQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TLeOSOe4GmQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10. Htown's2kFinest

A lot of people here surprised about his passing ability must not know about him or never looked him up before. That's been one of his strengths since coming out of Louisville.

And it's not like this is his only video of him passing out there...

6:00 mark
    Video of Twill passing...

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It's a shame our first look (and probably only look for a while) of Terrence Williams was in a blowout where the other team basically just cared about making another 3-pointer. I seriously doubt Adelman decides to throw him into the rotation based off his showing in a situation like that.

Still, I like what I saw. On offense, he penetrated and dished. It's something all of us have been asking for since the days this team kept losing to the Jazz in the playoffs. Obviously, it was a small sample size, so only time will (eventually) tell whether this guy plays like that consistently, but I like what I saw early on. Can't imagine how fun it would be to see him playing like that with guys like AB, Lee, PPat, and Hill on the floor with him.

I didn't get to see too much of his work on defense because it seemed all the Blazers cared about was getting that extra three-pointer, but of all the people that had the luxury of guarding Rudy Fernandez tonight, Terrence Williams definitely looked the best. He seemed to be the only one that could keep up through all of the screens.

12. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

He plays like tmac on the court honestly and it's not just the number! (huge compliment) He could've had like 6 assists but we couldn't make crap wth!

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So did you guys notice how when Brooks was in the game with him that Brooks deferred and let Williams run the point in the half court set?

Coach must really like this kid if they are letting him run point in practice and that quickly in games (even though it was a blowout).

14. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Excited about the young guys, hill, ppat, twill and c.lee

15. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

T-will calls himself a PG . I now know why. dude made a few Mcgrady-esque passes. would love to see what this guy has got.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The tweet was a few days ago, but did the Red Rowdies catch Twill asking them to chant at (for?) him more ??

17. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I would love to try out the following rotation for our 2nd unit:

PG: Lee
    Wing: Bud
    Wing: Twill (Pt forward)
    PF: PPat
    C: Hayes

Great defense, rebounding, athleticism, above-the-rim play, passing, run & gun... Sounds good on paper anyway ;)

18. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Those passes were sweet.

We've got depth and we need to use it to beat the opposition. If the starting line-up is not playing right, bring in the second unit asap.

19. mi0304

mi0304 Member

That play was really like Tmac to Hayes or Tmac to Deke.
    nice vid, thanks

20. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I've *NEVER* seen that many missed open looks in 1 game. My God.