1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams makes Houston Rockets debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2011.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

Man... it was refreshing seeing someone ACTUALLY driving to the rim and creating something for himself or his teammates instead of settling for the same dam jump shots that only fall so often. If this kid doesnt get some PT its gonna frustrate me seeing as to how hes the answer to many of our problems.

2. Htown's2kFinest

No one cares about defense... -_-

3. Codeo

Codeo Member

If you were Rick you have to give this guy minutes next game. On the rebound against Batum, he went straight up and just knocked Batum out of the way. Every drive was under control. He drew extra defenders with ease and knew exactly how the defense would rotate, thus finding the open man. Someone mentioned LBJ like passing earlier, and honestly that's what it looked like.

Someone immature would've forced the issue given the minutes he was given, but he understood that he had to go out there and show he could play the type of basketball that the Rockets want. Personally, I think this kid will thrive in our system.

1 person likes this.
  4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Problem is Chase starts playing well right about when Terrence has his golden opportunity to make the team. Lmao.

5. Codeo

Codeo Member

Oh and can you imagine Twill, Lee, and AB on the fast break? :eek:

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Terrence Williams is McGrady like with his court vision. I liked what I saw.

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I hate to go off-topic, but is your sig for real? Did an actually slightly mentally r****ded poster say what's in your sig? Or is that just some inside joke I'm missing out on?

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We really need to get a trade to shorten the rotation. There's no reason why either Twill or PP shouldn't be playing every game, even if limited minutes. They're solid enough to contribute now and that experience will fast forward their progression. I love PP's aggressiveness. Both guys bring things we lack that costs us games..

1 person likes this.
  9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Oh, and T-Will has already had a triple-double in the NBA, so there is no reason why he can't get one (or close) with the Rockets. As long as he gets playing time.

10. dschwab

dschwab Contributing Member

Yes, this! With no Yao as a low-post option, his court vision and passing talent mean more points down low.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Finally - glad to see this. I had been checking in on the box score to see if he was going to get some playing time. Thanks for posting the video. I knew he was a decent passer, but his court vision is even better than I expected.

It's also nice to see him snatch a rebound over a much longer Batum and then go down and isolate Batum(who is a very good defender) and make him bite on the up fake and nearly be part of a highlight with that sweet pass. I would say he has a bright future in Houston just by the fact that they have literally no one who can create a shot for himself and teammates like that except for Aaron Brooks and frankly T-Will seems to have far better vision than Aaron.

I'm curious about two things with regards to Williams - his basketball IQ and his off ball cutting ability. He seems to do a good job creating with the ball and passing out of those situations and that will get him some run but let's face it - passing, cutting without the ball, and good shooting are the quickest ways into the starting lineup for T-Will - that and being able to run the system. From what I have seen of him in these clips and what little I saw of him in NJ, he has the potential to be a very versatile and valuable player for Houston....

...I should also say I would like to see some video of his defense too, but everything I have seen/read suggest he's a decent defender so I'm not as worried about that as I am about the other things.

12. PeppermintCandy

It's too early to tell for me. He drove into the paint at will, but then again the defense was probably just trying to avoid the foul at that point.

His passes seemed a bit out of control. Could just be rust, but not sure how they would hold up against real competition. I keep seeing a bigger, passing version of Jermain Taylor, but that's probably biased.

Hist athleticism and size is definitely an advantage.

13. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

Twill was great in his limited minutes tonight!! It's was like he made a great pass every time he touched the ball!

14. dschwab

You are supposed to try and incite contact on the dunk... he was just unlucky it didn't fall.

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Why did he wear #1....everyone knows that's the # that's going to get you traded. Anyway, i am impressed with his vision and passing skills.

16. dschwab

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the other thread about T-Will:

I find it [happily] surprising he ended up with the Rockets. Obviously, the Nuggets must have made it apparent that they weren't interested in him throughout the course of the 'Melo negotiations. Which allows me to deduce: the Nuggets are stupid for not wanting him in any package [instead of a would be lotto-protected 1st rd. pick]

1 person likes this.
  17. RyanB

RyanB Member

exactly with the same number :grin: :grin:

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Don't need any more of Courtney Lee playing point guard, Terrence Williams can handle that 3rd PG duty.

Williams is an interesting prospect, Iguodala'eque skillset. There are some holes in his game, he doesnt shoot well, doesnt have the best shot selection and is inefficient on offense. But his athleticism, ability to defend multiple positions, & ability handle the ball and be a facilitator in that role is a blend of skills this team doesn't usually have.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Only here can another player be hyped to the point......where....oh forget it.

Twill ain't stopping the layup drills. Another upcoming player like C.Lee from the Nets....

Former Kings/Net team woot