1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams makes Houston Rockets debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2011.

1. mazinger

mazinger Member

Its too early to tell if he can run an offense but the passes he made tonight, I have never seen Lowry make them much less Brooks. I called it in the Rockets vs Portland thread when he made the first pass. I said "Morey, Trade Brooks, T-Will our new starting PG" Sure enough, a couple of plays later Adleman pulled Brooks out and brought CBud in. I also do believe Adleman wanted to see TWill run the offense.

2. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

LBJ got a terrible Cavs team to the Finals playing PG. Wade won a championship playing PG (lead the team in assists 3 out of the 6 Finals games).

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No, he was tauted as a good passer but not a very good shooter. Kind of a bigger, more athletic Ish Smith who can play defense.

4. Zfan

Zfan Member

Looks like a very special player. Playing entertaining and creative game. Good awareness of drawing double. Penetrate like a PG. Excellent prospect.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wow, had no idea he had that kind of vision!

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The kid averaged 3 assists a game playing only 20 minutes and he wasn't the primary ball handler. If he improves his shooting, he's going to be a steal of a trade. The kid has all-star potential. He just needs to mature and learn how to shoot.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought jason williams was playing pg and the glove

8. devilsdandruff

yep. noticed that too.

9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

no wonder lebron said neither him nor wade stood a chance to win MVP.

TW1 4 MVP!

2 people like this.
  10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

In name only. Wade had the ball in his hands the whole game. Just like in Miami now, where arroyo dribbles the ball to half court passes to LBJ and parks himself at the corner.

#50 rockbox, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  11. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

I think Morey got a steal again. :grin:

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

He looked really good... great passer. He really reminds me a lot of T-Mac without the smooth jumper.

Come on, dude, really? Please tell me this is sarcasm.

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I loved the three passes to Lee, Patterson and JJ right under the basket. Thats we need more, instead of settling for these 20 footers all game long.

T-Will is the only player besides Lowry who can penetrate and find the open man. Something Brooks is horrible at doing.

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

All those guys you mentioned essentially play PG from time to time even if they're not officially listed as a PG. I would bet that TW will be in a similar situation.

15. Apps

Apps Member

By watching that video, he should've had 3 assists if his fellow teammates had been able to finish.

16. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Three things I really liked:
    1) His ability to penetrate under control to draw the defense
    2) His crisp passing. If he had passed to any of the starters, that's a few assists right there.
    3) The guy looks really strong. He's definitely a physical presence at the 3. Definitely has the physical tools to be a strong defender. I'd love to see this guy play w/ AB, Hill and Lee on the second unit.

17. Htown's2kFinest

He's the only player on our team with dynamic potential on both sides and he already does some things that no one on our team can do like take it to the rack and finish over the trees.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Terrence Williams is who we thought he was!! :grin: :grin:

19. mig0s

mig0s Member

Thanks Clutch!

If our scrubs didn't miss lay-ups T-Will would have 4 assists at least! :mad:

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wish they would have made the entire 8 minute video so that we could see his defense. ;)