1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams makes Houston Rockets debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2011.

1. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Outstanding court vision, certainly didn't expect that. Hope he keeps working hard and harnesses all that potential he has.

2. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

We were down 20 points with less than 3 minutes remaining....at least he was willing to shoot the ball unlike our "scoring guru 6th man", Aaron Brooks who is passing up open 3's while we desperately try to swing 20 points with a few minutes left.

That wasn't the best shot but he knew the situation and thats what it called for at that point, no one else wanted to try and score obviously so take the best shot as early in the shot clock available.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He has special talent as a passer at the wing position. He was making LeBron-like passes.

4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Didn't get to see the whole game (a good thing this time I guess), but from that clip, the guy looks like a real play-maker. He would have had 3 or 4 assists if people would have connected on the open looks he was getting them.

It almost looks like he has a PF upper body and a SF/SG legs.
    If he could ever get a consistent outside shot working, boy this kid could be a real nightmare of opposing defenses.

5. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

If he was comfortable making those passes (which many were anticipatory BTW) then he knows the offense well enough to get some PT. I hope Adelman isn't bull-headed about this.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Looked good, made a case for more minutes the next go round....lets see what happens.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Lawrence Frank and others loved his passing ability and ran him at point in pre-season games, I think. I know the coaching staff there had visions of him playing 3 different positions and running some point, so his ball-handling and passing ability wasn't a huge surprise.

8. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Since Brooks is with the 2nd unit, Adelman should experiment with Twill bringing the ball up the court as a point forward and letting Brooks play a more shooting guard style at the point.

With Brooks, Lee, Miller and Patterson (who can hit 3ptrs or jumpers) T Will could potentially make a killing passing to cutters or slashing and kicking out to three point shooters (on a normal shooting night, unlike tonight)

Or maybe a ball movement/passing lineup with Lowry, Brooks, and TWill together with whatever big men.

9. MykTek

MykTek Member

point forward?

but yeah, I read alot about him and watched videos and he was suppose to be a good passer and slasher, but didn't really know he had that kinda of court vision. he'll be even better once he gets comfortable in the system

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Brooks+Lee+Williams would be interesting to see on the floor together. Let Williams run point, and have Brooks and Lee play off the ball.

11. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

...better passer than maybe both of your point guards

12. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I too am pleasently surprised with those passes. Imagine him as our starting PG? Oh wait, Lowry is our next supersar PG, of course.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I knew he was a great passer. What I liked from the video is never pressed. He took his time and kept his dribble alive until he saw the pass. The kid can be something really special, and I believe him when says he considers himself a point guard. I wonder how he would handle the ball if he were the primary ball handler. He could play with Brooks and let Brooks play off the ball. It would cause all kind of matchup problems.

14. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

THE BEAST IS UNLEASHED

15. Htown's2kFinest

Rick still won't have him in to rotation I bet til we lose a couple more games in a row. :rolleyes:

Then it'll be probably be too late to for a comeback run.

16. gah

gah Member

Call it nit-picking but he should have ended up easily with 4 assists. JJ blew that layup (how uncharacteristic :rolleyes:) and Patrick should have dunked it using the rim for protection, if you watch the highlight carefully he went to dunk it in the middle of ring (thus going for the contact) instead of going to dunk it via the left side of the rim. As I'm already nit-picking, call it 5 assists since C Lee missed that wide open 3 T-Will set him up to shoot.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

wade paying pg, didnt work for miami
    Lebron playing pg, didnt work either
    tmac playing pg, nope.

Let the SG/SF be the SG/SF. I agree, he has excellent passing skills but it takes alot of energy to play pg and therefore he wouldnt be effective at the SG/SF which is what we need. I can only imagine TW,Martin, and Scola in the same line-up starting. Scary ****.

18. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Not to steal Clutch's video/thread, but here's my version. It's pretty high quality, so let me know if anyone wants a download link.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BfP1plabF5U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BfP1plabF5U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. diegot143

diegot143 Member

this one looks like a player, hope his personality can fit in with the team.

20. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Man, we haven't had a play maker like that since T mac left.