1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams makes Houston Rockets debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2011.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

We are all so desperate for "break-through" talent we get excited about almost anything, BUT, his passes were really impressive, I mean Steve Nash like. Surprised me.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Yes, he passes like Steve Nash, he shoots like Larry Bird, he dunks like Darryl Dawkins, and he flies through the air like Michael Jordan.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

:grin:

4. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

People seem to be high on his ball-handling, passing, slashing, size and defensive abilities, but as Bullard pointed out, I'm excited about how he "knocks down free throws with ease."

5. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Williams had 14 assists in a game last season which is pretty amazing for a rookie. To put that in perspective, other than Lowry's 18 assist game earlier in the year no other current Rocket has ever had 14 assists in a single game. Even more surprising is that Tracy McGrady has never had that many assists in a game in his career and he was a great passer. Even Lebron's career high in assists is only one better at 15.

Williams also had a monster 27-13-10 triple double last year against the Bulls.

Williams definitely has a great set of skills, his whole issue is maturity. If he can grow up then that might turn out to be the best 1st round pick that we've invested in a long while.

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's actually statistically a bad free throw shooter. :p

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

So was Hakeem during his early years. :p

I seem to have read somewhere that he wanted to base his game off of Magic Johnson. If that is true, I have mad respect for the guy.

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I would like to see Battier put a suit on and become the defense coach and Twill take his place in the starting lineup. We don't play D anyway with Battier on the floor.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Tracy had a team record high 16 assists in the playoffs versus the Utah Jazz. :grin:

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

should we let him play the point?

11. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

no...

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Yes, I was using regular season stats. Think about that for a minute. McGrady is a great passer and in 847 regular season games he never had that many assists. Williams has some special skills and hopefully he can stay under control and develop them to his full potential.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Twill looks promising but don't discount PP and JJ for making those good cuts.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

looks like a player already. time to him to get more burn.

15. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

That's what I was thinking

16. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I've always said hes a mini lebron.