1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams Highlights vs. Spurs 12/17/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2011.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

sorry to ask but the quality is not just you Clutch

every video you posted are in HD, what happen to this one?

2. AFS

AFS Member

ungrateful, are we?

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thanks for the highlights Clutch! I also noticed around the time when T-Will got that steal, Smith was playing good defense on Blair. Pretty good 3 minutes for Smith.

4. Htown's2kFinest

Murray says in that video that Twill is the best rebounding wing in the NBA. An ELITE rebounder at the wing. 9 defensive rebounds off the bench! Beast

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Dear Squid,

Don't give up. Please try again.

A message of inspiration from your friends at Clutchfans.

Fruit on bottom, hope on top.

6. Strawman

Strawman Member

How does T-Will size up against Kobe? Is he taller/bigger than him physically?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Morey says so.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Anyone else hoping for an alley oop each time Dragic and T-Will we're running down the court?

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Its the tale of two players with T-Will as its always has been. Fortunately, for the Rockets, you got to see good T-Will in the second half.

With more consistent minutes, maybe the good Terrence Williams will come out more than the bad T-Will, but dont look for him to be a starter anytime soon.

McHale, as any coach would, will go with Budinger as the starter for the majority of the season because with him you know what you are going to get, and the T-Will turnovers and blown plays like you saw in the first half do not happen on Budinger's watch.

Sorry to bust the bubble of the T-Will supporters here, but trust me, he has a long ways to go. However, his play off the bench could really provide a boost on those nights when "good T-Will" shows up.

All in All though, its a good sign that Terrence was able to have a good half of basketball since he hasnt played meaningful NBA minutes in almost a year. Keep up the good work, and cut out the bad turnovers and dumb plays and the Rockets will have a solid weapon coming off the bench.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All true, but what does that mean for Courtney Lee?

We have too many NBA wings....one needs to go for a draft pick.

DD

11. dobro1229

Too many until one of these guys rolls an ankle or sprains a wrist.

I think McHale can manage the rotations until the March trade deadline when they can make a minor move or two.

I think its more likely though that Flynn or Dragic is moved in a small deal sometime in the next couple weeks. As McHale has said, in his system the PG/SG/SF are really interchangeable on offense. The Rockets would be best served with T-Will, or CLee taking on third string PG duties, or backup baring injuries.

I think the depth, if managed correctly, is good for the first half of the season. By the trade deadline, depending on where the Rockets stand in the playoff mix, I agree that a trade will need to be made if everyone is healthy.

The only move I see as inevitable is moving the third PG, whichever one gets the most in a trade even though Im a huge Dragic fan, he's leaving the Rockets anyways next summer for more money, and a starting PG role Im sure, but if you can get half of a season of production out of him that would be preferable. Flynn, on the other hand, could get released or traded at any time.

12. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Bring on the confidence! Twill, Hill and Thabeet.. nice job guys, nice job.

13. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I like what I see. He's very aggressive but seems just a tad out of control. I love the rebounding, his aggressive style does remind me of Stevie. I think his spark and style is best served coming off the bench for now.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't get why people say he has low bball IQ. I think its pretty high. The fact that he may not exactly be Einstein off the court doesn't matter.

15. dobro1229

Look up his first half stats. When you have more turnovers than points or assists, that generally stirs up the low BBIQ discussion on the GARM even though thats not the case with T-Will.

However, as I just pointed out, its the tale of two players. In the second half, it was like a totally different player stepped on the court.

Its not that he has low BBIQ, its that he has a tendency to play out of control. When he slows down the game but still play aggressive, like he did in the second half, good things happen. Its just with T-Will, you never know what player your going to get each night. Thats why he's best served as a 6th man type of player.

16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Unfortunately, as much as i like C-Bud, he may be the odd-man out if Terrence Williams plays well consistently produces off the bench.

While C-Bud is a phenomenal shooter and can spread the court, I think T-Will and Lee are far better defenders. Bud has gotten better defensively since his rookie year, but I don't think he'll ever have the quickness and strength to stay with the quicker 2's/3's of the league.

We can agree that T-Will's biggest weaknesses right now shooting, commiting turnovers, and staying focused. But he's got a lot of upside, and I think he's got a high bball IQ.

I think over time, if he surrounds himself with the right role-models and if he puts in the hard work (like the Superstars do) and get's the right coaching, the sky's the limit for this guy!

17. dobro1229

Can the posters here please stop using Terrence Williams and superstar in the same post. Knee-Jerk reaction threads are one thing, but he's far far far from being a superstar. Just let the season play out folks...

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

C-Bud is a proven starter while Terrence Williams just played a good preseason game.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You mean Bud is proven mediocre. This is the T-Will I saw at Louisville and he is much more talented than Bud. Let's hope he can stay within McHale's system and be a solid rotation player.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

KRAMER!!!! LOL