1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams Highlights vs. Magic 1/22/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Damion Laverne

Really?

2. Sanity2disChaos

WOW! a steve francis reference...!!! Never thought this day would come.... :eek:

Seriously though . the guy can BALL!! he needs to play and the good part is that he can play multiple positions .....1-3....IT IS WRITTEN.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Is he a true facilitator, or one of those "Don't Be Droppin My DIMES" guys...you know, "that" guy.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Totally agree. I'd love to see him working defensively on Westbrook at the top with the screen coming. Want to see what he can do. His offensive tools are already there. It's a matter of getting some burn. The only real question I have about this kid is his street brain. He reminds me of a combo of Maxwell/Rodman off the court..............and on the court for that matter.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Agreed. Williams has elite court vision, comparable to Nash IMO. Nobody here knows him personally, so everything we say is, at best, speculation. My sense is that he is still young and a bit immature (some guys take a while). When he fully understands what he needs to do to become a star in this league, Williams will be scary.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think TWill is the definition of high risk high reward player. When he does things right he's unstoppable, when he fails, he looks like Ron Artest in a shooting contest. If given extended minutes I think there would be a ton of games where I would scratch my head and say "what was he thinking?" However, I think there would be far more games where I wouldn't be able to sit down because every play he pulled off would be worthy of sportscenter. The guy is raw talent, I just think he needs to wait until he gets his time to shine. It will come soon...

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Man, he has great vision -- needs to work on the offense (obviously).

8. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Yes really!

9. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

I really like T-Will and his court vision but you guys need to slow down..

10. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Don't think I've seen a "3" throwing passes consistently with that velocity. I'd love to see him develop as a point.

Probably has the biggest upside of any Rocket on the roster right now.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This kid can pass. He's a PG, not a SG or SF.

Until I see more of him, for now I take him as a bigger (but slower) and cockier Ish Smith.

12. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

I was thinking the same thing. I think he could blossom if he was given the minutes on the court. He might not have the best jumper but he knows how to find his teamates in the open court and get tp the hole using his strength and athleticism. I just can't beleive we are playing guys like Battier who occasionally gives you a 10+ poinnts and some gritty defense but more often than not is a liability on offense... and his defense isn't that good anymore.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

In my opinion he has amazing court vision. He was easily breaking down his defender and even if he didn't get to the basket he was able to find a man open in everyone but the no look pass instance.

If he can develop under us, with his size and natural court vision he could be a beast of a PG.

14. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Dude can pass.

15. amaru

amaru Member

You can't teach that kind of vision.

Some of those passes reminded me of Tracy back when he could actually perform in a Rockets uniform.

Still I think his future is better suited at the 2.......but i could be wrong.

16. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I don't think his jumpshot is good enough to be a 2. If he works on that, then that's a bonus. But if can be a 1 then his size will definitely be in play.

17. amaru

amaru Member

I haven't seen enough of his jumpshot to comment on that, but perhaps you are right

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They aren't the same player.

19. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Can we trade Aaron Brooks yet please.

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

wow. I really didn't think his passes were as incredible as everyone is saying. It was kind of set up a couple of times, and it was the most obvious play on the court most of the time. I mean it's good he saw it and all. But...people are making it seem like he's starting PG material. I didn't see that from these highlights.

I see a guy who has some vision, but is trying too hard. If he plays like that, he'd be a turnover machine. Trying to make things look good rather than make the smart play. And trying to create almost too much so that the pass appears for him, rather than going through an offense and letting the play develop for someone else

And let me reiterate that I do see that he has vision. I just don't understand people going crazy over it.