1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams Highlights vs. Magic 1/22/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2011.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Isn't Brooks enough? :grin:

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

To borrow a football term, he throws a bullet pass. The guys on the floor with him better stay awake! Yeah, play the guy more minutes. Just don't let him drive.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I really think this guy is a SG. But we are stacked at SG. So he will have to play SF.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I don't think it was that bad -- he was expecting Lee to remain in the corner. He saw Reddick in the paint and figured Lee would be wide open in the corner; unfortunately, Lee rotated up for some reason (he should have been in the corner).

When you don't play that often with guys, you'll have some mistimings like that. His skill is undeniable though.. we need to find a way to get him some minutes.

5. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

He's by far the most exciting player to watch on our team

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

YES! Whenever he plays, he reminds me of the other guy that used to wear #1 for us not named Trevor Ariza.

I would actually hate to lose him in a trade. I think he'd be a nice building block twds the future. I like his defense, quickness, and he does have GREAT court vision and seems very willing to share that ball.

He finished with 3 Assists and 1 TO in 8 mins. Looking at the video again, he could have finished with 6 - JJ missed a shot, PP missed a shot, and Lee was fouled after a pass...and that's in 8 mins.

I think he'll be getting more time once the trade is made to clear up some space for him to get more PT. He just seems like too good of an up and coming player to allow to rot at the end of the bench the whole year.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They're not attached at the hip. They're different players.

8. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Thats the big hybrid guard that we on this team like D Wade, Rose, Westbrook, Evans! Rick need to come to grips that we need a change! :confused:

9. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

I meant need :grin:

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I think they are very much in the same mold of player style.

In short:

- Executes offensively
    - Transition play
    - Versatility
    - Ability to contest shots
    - Ability to get in passing lanes
    - All-around defense
    - Lateral quickness
    - Versatility to defend multiple positions
    - Energy/Intensity
    - Experience
    - Physical Toughness
    - Potential
    - Role-player potential
    - High-level productivity
    - Level of competition
    - Positional versatility
    - Young for class
    - Ability to create for others
    - Assist to turnover ratio
    - Court vision
    - Athleticism
    - Conditioning
    - NBA body
    - Size for position
    - Wingspan
    - Excellent rebounder
    - 3-point shooting percentages
    - Ability to catch and shoot
    - Improved perimeter shot

The above are the similarities between Williams and Iguodala.

11. gah

gah Member

Dazzling, even in that turnover you could have sworn there was a man there because of how assertive he is when passing, dazzling. He is very special, hope he can put it all together, soon.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Bill is a good analyst (better than Clyde lol), his take on T-Will was spot on.

He would be a good member on clutchfans, I wonder if he reads these boards.

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Would love to see Williams at PG! Hoping for a trade that lets him play more.

Williams-Lee- SF would be a sick future front court to build on for the future.

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

You don't think New Jersey tried that? And they certainly came away with a "record-making" performance from those two.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's the short list?

Those similarities come from them being mid lottery picks and being athletic. Rose pretty much fits as well. They're just both versatile, athletic, do-it-all types, but Iggy is closer to being a scorer and Twill is closer to being a distributor/creator. That alone shifts Twill mainly to the 1/2 spots, while Iggy is at the 2/3. While there's some similarities, their approach and playing style isn't quite the same.

16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Obviously. They were raw. Lee is a 3rd player and Williams is a 2nd year player. But hopefully they will learn. Throw in Patrick Patterson and you have a good young core.

I would hope a trade would get some better talent around them than that Jersey team had...

17. joesr

joesr Member

watch it again, that was Jeffries fault. it was for him but he was going for screen (cause he didnt want it!)

18. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Those might be true but I think the most glaring differences between them is as follows:

- One is Andre Iguodala
    - The other is Terrence Williams

I mean seriously, over half the list you gave could be attributed to almost all NBA players. So we just cross compare players exclusively based on the fact they both have the ability to play in the NBA.

I think you are just tired...

19. Rockets_4_life

LOL That's from "Draftexpress", back when T-Will was first getting drafted(2yrs ago) alot of those things are old and out of date... I mean come on, players improve when they're in the NBA...

I'll give you a difference, which is a major difference in that Terrence Williams can handle the ball in pressure situations and Iggy can't..

I've seen Iggy play were they put pressure on him and he immediately gives up the ball to the PG or causes a turn over..

Basically T-Will has much better handles than Iggy, which allows him to play PG...

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He can make one of our point guards very expendable...whoever has the most trade value. And count me in as another who doesn't see the Iggy comparison. As someone already said, Iggy is more of a scorer, TWill is more of a playmaker.