1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams - 13 Points Vs Magic (12.26.11)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

In T-Will's defense, Morris may have not shown on that play long enough, but T-Will was hopelessly beat regardless.

JJ Redick and Hedo Turkoglu looked like Lebron and Wade last night...

Just wait until it's actually Lebron and D-Wade...

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I may have to go watch that play again, but I don't recall a pick, I think it was straight up Reddick going around Twill as he closed out too fast.

DD

3. Sooner423

You may be right. I just used that pic for convenience. You won't have to look very hard for examples of him getting beat though.

4. Htown's2kFinest

How you know it wasn't McHale telling his players to press up on the shooters since they were raining 3s on us the whole game? It was better they drive in with Sammy, guarding the basket then more 3s being drained from outside. Our defenders can press the shooters more often then before cause we have a legit shot blocker now.

5. DaDakota

Sort of, and this is where CBud is a better defender, he will lay off and attack on the commit to the jump shot, instead of letting his guy blow by him to the rim.

A contested jumper is still better than a layup.

DD

6. Htown's2kFinest

Were you watching the game? Hedo lit your boy Budinger up. Bud is a little better defender than he is accounted for but when things get physical is shy's off and becomes a non factor.

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Seems like you just described some of the most successful basketball players in the league.
    Lebron, Kobe, Dwight,.. the list goes on and on. They are some of the most attention-craving players of the league. And you'll see the same things in other sports.
    I don't see it being such an issue for these guys or there teams.

If a player has the skill-set and the physical attributes to succeed he can poke me as much as he wants on facebook or scream to get attention for whatever I could care.

Team leaders don't have to have ataraxia (aka ngaf) to be successful.

8. Sooner423

You may be right. However, that doesn't make up for his lack of effort on that end of the floor.

Even with all I said, I want T-Will to get it so bad. I can see flashes of, dare I say, greatness in his play. If he ever gets it (which is something we often say in this forum about a lot of guys) he could be an awesome player. He just didn't show me what I was hoping to see from him last night.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Dada,

I like you man and have great respect for your bball accumen. But, just like in Lowry/Brooks....you can't see it. Time will prove TWill is a very good defender and Budinger is a very poor defender. It will show on the court over and over.

I'm not saying TWill is the man. I'm not saying he isn't eratic. I'm not saying he's a superstar. I'm not saying he is going to be a good or great player in this league. I don't know all that. But I do know, I'm very confident, that TWill is head and shoulders better than Bud defensively.

I started a thread challenging anyone to find 10 defenders in the league worse than Chase and Martin. You are free to name them. They are a terrible combination because both of them are among the worst defenders in the league. Oh yeah, sure there's going to be some nights when they absolutely light up the gym with their shooting......some nights. But not nearly enough to overcome their bad defensive combo.

It's the same thing I said about Brooks and Martin and why Lowry had to replace Brooks alongside Martin. You can't have two guys playing beside each other that are that bad defensively.

You seem to think Bud plays acceptable/average defense. Time has already told us he isn't. He wasn't good defensively last season. Nor the season before. He's had plenty of opportunity, plenty of chances to show it. Bud is what he is, a good value player at a minimum salary that can give you some offense, some shooting, some slashing. He's a good backup shooting guard on a playoff team and he could possibly be a starting shooting guard on a poor team. That's it. I'm confident you'll figure it out eventually.

10. Htown's2kFinest

And I forgot to mention what you said about Budinger laying off while defending players... Of course he does that everytime cause he lacks lateral quickness. If he pressed anyone would blow right by him. Bud is a good role player but he is really better suited off the benched paired up with a defender in Lee instead of being paired up with Martin, where the team has two weak defenders starting..

11. DaDakota

I am going to have to break it down for people to show whom and how Hedo scored, just to show folks that what they think they saw is not what happened.

SIGH...will do it later...after company leaves the house.

DD

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

just like when people say dalembert and hill were in foul trouble in the 4th? :grin:

you gotta correct those peeps man!

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It doesn't matter how good you are on defense when you have FIVE PICKS set on you in one possession and nobody is helping him.
    Its ridiculous. Time after time T-Will is getting blasted by Dwight Howard and the help defender that is supposed to delay the ball handler is just not present...

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

To be honest. Bud wasn't a bad defender today. Not by much at least.
    T-Will was just miles better than him.

15. YaosDirtyStache

Its official...DD has jumped the shark.

No one but a troll will sit here and call Bud a good defender while slamming TWills defense.

Bud is a free bucket, TWill makes you work.

Tom Thibodeau once said "Defense isnt about low points or denying buckets, its about changing the plans of the offensive player and making him do something he didnt want." In that line of thinking, Twill plays excellent defense while Bud stands like he is nailed to the floor.

Thats like saying Scola is great on D compared to Hayes due to blind favoritism. Youve jumped the shark DD and have possibly lost your mind.

1 person likes this.
  16. DaDakota

Had company over was not paying all that much attention, figured I would watch it later, and also figured, the only reason McHale would have Luis guard DHoward was because of foul trouble, didn't figure it was because he was stupid.

DD

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

DaDakota; Where post-counts get bigger and knowledge gets worse.

18. DaDakota

FredV,

I think it must be popular around here to call people idiots, or lacking in knowledge, but honestly it just makes you look like an moron.

DD

19. Codeo

Codeo Member

DO IT

20. DaDakota

Yep, fair enough, will get to it, can't say I would and then not do it....

So next post will be a long one with it broken down...

DD