1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] T-Mac's dagger three and Bill Worrell's "finest hour" statement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vz6icPtNwZE"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vz6icPtNwZE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Bill Worrell said as the clock was winding down that he covered the Rockets during the Moses Malone years, the Hakeem years... and that this is the Rockets' finest hour.

Hey Bill - you smoking DOPE?

I'm not trying to downplay the streak in any way, but damn -- how about not downplaying winning an NBA title from the 6th seed, beating four 57+ win teams to do it?

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

Clutch I just posted the quote in a new thread. Please lock it.

I am loving it.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah. That's a bit overboard. I mean, I'm super proud of this team and the streak is exciting, but the back to back championships were better.

4. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I will admit...

That's the most r****ded thing I've ever heard. Even just by sitting by him, Clyde Drexler's basketball commenting IQ went way up for that.

It was probably just a heat of the moment 'what have you done for me lately' statement or yeah Bill is hopped up on the ATL grass.

EDIT: ApolloCreed has a good point. I could see why he would have said it but still...

5. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Not defending it, of course...but they hand out the NBA championship once a year...

There have only been three teams in the history of the entire league to do what the Rockets have done.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I think the point he was trying to make was that EVERY year there will be an NBA champion. But once every 35 years or so there will be a team that rattles off 20 consecutive wins or more. That is SO special because it is SO rare.

More special then our championships, no. But VERY special indeed. :eek:

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he didn't say it to diminish the back-to-back. It's just kind of hard to win 1/4 of a WHOLE season in consecutive form.

8. conquistador#11

fire in the hole, let's move into first place. =)

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

we think alike, only you beat me to it :mad:

10. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

He called Rick Adelman Rudy the other night against the Nets. At the end of the 2nd quarter...

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I became a fan basically in the 92-93 season. So the first few seasons for awesome for me. But of course for me it came a little too easily. I had only been fan for basically a year before Rockets started winning.

So after about a decade of heartache this is definitely the proudest I have been of the Rockets. 20-0 is absolutely mind boggling. We have not lost for a QUARTER OF THE SEASON NOW!!!!

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

bill's old clutch. and he is living in the moment. i think he meant it as the "finest hour" for the tmac era :D

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Greatest regular season hour?

14. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

I think Worrell meant it more like "....and this is TMac/Yao's finest hour."

As in, this is the finest hour for the team built around T and Yao.

Either that or he was just completely caught up in the moment.

15. yobod

yobod Member

Heat of the moment statement....plus, we are forever in the record books now. Definitely T-Mac's finest hour, that's for sure.

16. G Rat

G Rat Member

The finest hour part is off, but I can see how this could be the most proud he has been of a Rocket's team.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

a few games ago:
    He was also talking about Carl Landry's knee contusion and when he was projectecd back and then another rocket hit a shot(don't remember who) and he said "oh and carl landry brings it every night"

18. vmac

vmac Member

Bill must have been too happy & too excited about the win. He didn't really say anything bad about the championship teams and going 20-0 is a very rare & difficult feat so I'd cut him some slack.

I guess Clyde's commentary skills are contagious. :D

20-0 baby!

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Oh so its now a crime for a commentator to express his immense love for the Rockets and the way theyve played?

You guys talka bout how those teams won championships, but how do you know this team wont do it? You guys preach about "believing" but do you really?

I believe. So does Bill Worrell.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure - because he was talking about how long he had covered the Rockets....but it's possible that's what he meant.