1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video]Steve Francis (26pts 10rebs 5asts vs Lakers Nov 99)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao11, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Yao11

Yao11 Member

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nLxcjs8tzfg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

Anybody remember this game? Obligatory, who is better: Franchise vs. Lin vs. paulftsk mention :p

Hope everybody has a good night.

2. Know Your Role

I remember this. Shaq/Chuck fight night right? Steve was just beginning to put on a string of good games. A few games later Chuck went down for the season, probably the worst single NBA event I have ever seen. Watching a legend end his career like that was sickening, worse than Mutumbo's injury. I don't care what the little kids say, Sir Charles was a beast and for better or worse the hardest playing Rocket we had those years. He deserved his share of flack, but he didn't deserve to have his knee detonated like a claymore on live tv.

As for Stevie, well....don't smoke crack.

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

What an ugly court.

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

One thing about Francis, I remember him being an ELITE spot up 3-point shooter. If somebody was able to deliver him respectable pass out of a double team, he would rarely miss it....if he shot in rhythm. Francis would usually wait for a defender to close out so he could toy with him.

Francis always played for the home run which was frustrating but his biggest problem for me was he always had one too many moves.

Watching that video reminded me a little of Russel Westbrook.

5. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Refs were terrible back then too, Fisher got blown by and hit him in the face, should've been a foul.

6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

What was the last whistle? It was blown with like 1.5 seconds left and then they let the time run off. Or maybe the audio is just out of sync and Steve simply dribbled out clock ...which wouldn't be unusual. But I never heard the buzzer.

Geez, it always seemed like a conspiracy against the Rockets. Even when they made it to the finals it was interrupted with O freakin J.

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

why the fk do we have to compare the Franchise with Lin?

they are not even on the same level. please jump off the bandwagon as quickly as possible before you see it start crashing.

8. DJ

DJ Member

Steve is sporting the bald cut now

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

man, I hope Steve learns from what happened to Whitney Houston, he's got to find that greatest love of all

10. basketballis

basketballis Member

NEXT POINT:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nfHOQAT0-Mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I miss those days

12. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I was at that game too... I only remember this because of the fight

13. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL@Thomas "Two-Sandwiches" Hamilton appearance at about the 3:09 mark... ah the memories.

14. cod

cod Member

Lowry has had a bit of Stevie Franchise in his game lately with those dribbling off the foot :p