1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Same play? Lin brings ball up to call timeout, Westbrook lunges for a quick steal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2013.

1. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Still legal though.

All I know now is I need to stop watching videos of Westbrook because I'm respecting him less and less....

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yep, Lin does the same spin to try to protect the ball that Westbrook did and they collided, much harder than the PB/West collision might I add...they only difference is they didn't hit knees together.

I don't see how people would think this was dirty on PB's part...he had just as much chance to get hurt with the knees colliding as Westbrook did. It was just a freak injury...I guess the butthurt OKC fans just need someone/something to blame, and the guy that's giving it his all out there is probably as good a scape goat as any. :rolleyes:

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

The dude is such a whiny little punk...wtf, does he think everytime he gets hurt someone is trying to do it on purpose? Accidents happen all the time in basketball, it's the nature of the game when you have strong ass dudes that are running and jumping as fast as they can. You're a professional...grow the eff up Whinebrook.

4. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

I mean it wasn't dirty and was definitely all hustle by beverly but I can understand why OKC fans would be all up in arms...Just imagine if that same thing happened to Harden and someone like Reggie Jackson was hustling? CF's would riot like crazy and would want to burn the man's house down so I can understand their perspective in a way. At least, for them, they still have Durant

5. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Westbrook is a softy. That kind of reaction.:rolleyes:

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It was a similar idea. Westbrook could tell the Rockets were probably about to call a timeout, so he went for a steal.

The difference is that the chances of Beverley completing that steal was much less because it was in a tighter space, Westbrook being nearly on the baseline. It also put Westbrook in a more vulnerable position, because he didn't have much of an option other than to turn his body to keep the ball away from Beverley.

What Beverley did was more dangerous, but it was still kind of a fluke play and what he was trying to do was similar to what Westbrook was trying to do.

7. gambingo

gambingo Member

^
    Scola: my bad brah, i thought you were Fisher.

8. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Pretty obvious though. Lin looking straight at the ref, Harden walking really slowly and not getting past the halfcourt line, coaches probably said something, Lin going towards the ref. Westbrook has played in enough basketball games to see the signs.

9. jedicro

jedicro Member

Never, and if they did act like that I would immediately disown them and hope they get shipped out. Classless.

I'm not delusional thinking that our players are saints and are morally superior to any other players, but Westbrook is a punk and I don't feel the least bit sorry for him.

OKC fans on the other hand have my sympathy. We've been there...

10. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Just posted this video in the Thunder Forum in reply to them calling Patrick Beverly everything but a child of God. Silence thus far......

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Post the above, too.

I mean I can't deny that if I was a Thunder fan, I'd probably be pissed, too. It's just human nature to want to be angry and blame somebody after something like that... but they gotta try to see reason here.

It was absolutely not a dirty play. Just bad luck.

13. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

not the same play at all.
    Lin did not get hurt. Westbrook did.

No need to find any explains, excuses, or drag other plays down together.
    It happens. That's all

14. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Literal man to the rescue.

15. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Ha! Just saw it on the TNT broadcast. Looked like they got it straight off Youtube with that 480p quality.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

straight off clutchfans ;)

17. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

:) the power of Clutch

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

tnt using clutch's clip before they queue up theirs

19. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

TnT lurking. What up chuck? Quit hating and get over it!

20. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>TNT just showed a great clip of Westbrook doing the exact same thing to Jeremy Lin that Beverley did to him.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/328229442461786112">April 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>