1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Same play? Lin brings ball up to call timeout, Westbrook lunges for a quick steal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

HOW DARE YOU!

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Westbrook makes the same play in the video. Good find!

Beverley's play wasn't even called a foul, right? Everyone in the world saw the play when it happened, including the refs, and not many people said it was dirty at the time. . . .

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Nothing wrong with what Westbrook did, nothing wrong with what Beverley did!

4. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

I responded to the new video.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

VERY nice job Clutch..

6. L7N

L7N Member

You judge a play by it's intention (like in common law, tax law). Beverley doesn't seem to have the intention to injure WB but to play the ball. Whether its too aggressive, too soft, or in the goldilock range is subjective. This is just my observation.

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It was not a dirty play by Beverly. Crap's happened a million times. Besides which, Beverly just goes hard, ALL the time.

Basically, Barkley is an idiot.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't think Lin was signaling for a timeout, though? Unless he verbally said something to the ref as he was crossing halfcourt, there was no hand signal, whereas WB pointed to the ground or w/e, in game 2.

9. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

the difference is Bev was way too aggressive for the steal even when it's just not there. he tends to do this, a lot. the ball was coming up near Westbricks' hips. Bev lunged in with his whole body while Westbricks was moving forward, undercutting him. there was no way Westbricks or any player in this situation could have avoid getting hurt. Bev tends to gamble a lot and it's too risky. sometimes he simply gets called for a foul but this time, he caused injury to another player. luckily he didn't injured himself. but damn, it this happened to any of our players, i'd get pissed as hell too, even though we're not projected to go to the finals like OKC.

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Unfortunately, no team has won without an element of danger and some enforcers. Even the 80's Showtime Lakers had guys like Rambis, Cooper, Kupchak, and other guys to rough people up. And Bev is only 6'1" and aggressive, not even dirty like most of the real enforcers out there.

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

[youtube]z2lESVbUpxI[/youtube]

12. MD_in_Training

You don't go for a steal like that unless you knew the other team was going to take a time out. It's a low yield move that you only pull when being out of position doesn't matter because you think play will be stopped.

13. tomato

tomato Member

14. SPBR

SPBR Member

WB's a diva.

How many times have we seen Lin or Asik bloodied? I don't think we've seen our guys slam the floor and curse.

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

16. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

yea, those guys and the piston's bad boys were dirty players and they got away with a lot of things. but i don't see anything wrong with playing dirty as long as it doesn't cost themselves or other players injuries. Coop was dirty? anyways, most of those dirty players besides Coop are big guys, they have a rivalry and it almost seem like they are fighting out there. it's comical. but Bev as you say is a little guy. he throws his body around which can cause serious injury to himself and other players. i like his aggressiveness when he goes after loose balls, defend, or attack the hoop. but not when he plays dumb like this steal attempt that undercut and caused Westbricks' injury. he should know when he's in a situation where both players can get injured and avoid it.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

westbitch cry like a 5 yr old whose GI Joe didn't come with the kungfu grip when he get a booboo

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What he did was not even close to anything excessive or partially excessive.

How was that even undercutting?

Undercutting is to go under the player when they are up in the air.

Beverley had a clear lane to the ball and he went for it. It just so happens that his body connected with Westbrook's legs. These things happen all the time.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The more I think about it, the more I realize... You know, it sucks when players get hurt. But I have a really hard time feeling sorry for a player that consistently shows ZERO class or respect for opposing teams and players! The guy is delusional! Who does he think he is? He hasn't earned the right to act as entitled as he does on the court (much like Chris Paul)

He acts like an immature little brat anytime something goes against him! That video of Scola elbowing him ON ACCADENT and trying to apologize shows exactly how he is! The dude acts like an elementary school bully who cries to mommy when someone hurts him!

So yeah, I really don't like him!

20. OCBlast

OCBlast Member

not the same, Lin only motioned for time out AFTER the steal attempt