1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Rookie Marcus Morris scores 15 points in second quarter alone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2011.

1. valorita

valorita Member

what i really want to see is him punishing small 3s on the block. I want him to be a bully.

2. inishi

inishi Member

I dont see the memo comparison. I get more of a Wilson Chandler vibe, which isn't bad at all

3. inishi

inishi Member

Melo* ****ing auto correct

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I don't think his first step is as quick as melo's. I'm thinking more of a Granger type player is his ceiling which isn't a bad ceiling at all.

5. inishi

inishi Member

I think his post game, if he uses it well and often, is what is going to make him special. He does have a really smooth shot though. There is no reason he can't be a strong 3 point shooter.

6. raj87

raj87 Member

Something about Morris reminds me of Adrian Dantley - Too quick for PF's and too strong for SF's.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Obviously, we can't expect 15 a quarter, but hell I'd take 15 a night for a rookie who we took with the 14th pick!

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That would be great, and unexpected, look at PPat for expectations for MMorris.

More than likely he does some D-league time until some PT clears out at the spot above him.

DD

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

That will come, no doubt. But it's important he keeps his perimeter game on par with his post game, otherwise teams cna stifle him with PFs.

Like somone said, ideally, he'd be too strong for 3s and too quick for 4s.

I know I've said it before, but I think a lineup with him, and Motiejuanas would be fun. Motiejuanas is a big man who plays like a guard, and Morris is somewhere in the middle, the mismatches would be ridiculous.

10. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Feigen said Morris will likely not see anytime in the D-League.

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I really do not think he should. He will be just fine coming off the bench as the 8th guy or so behind PPatt, Lee and maybe T-will.

I feel bad for McHale though, we have so much talent on this team, it has to be hard for him to determine who plays and when

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey said he probably would.....

DD

13. cod

cod Member

I think he's competing for the starting 3 role with Bud. Maybe spot minutes at the 4 but I don't think his rebounding is strong enough there. Even Parsons looked more aware in getting in position and boxing out for rebounds than Morris was.

14. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

This explains why Flynn had the best +/- stat last night. He really benefitted from playing with Marcus.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Yes I completely agree with you. I really think he will be Bud's back up if not possibly starting half way through the season. I am not going to say Morris will be a All Star next year but I really think he is going to be extremely good

16. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

We need this guy to have a good season in the worst way, just to give us hope that we have a future...

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, Flynn benefitted from being a good PG. He just had a bad shooting night. He did everything else right. Also, i don't think Morris should go to the D-league only because of how the schedule is this season. We are going to need every player on the team.

18. valorita

valorita Member

Care to share whatever you were on last night?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, it was that really good stuff called "watching the game".:rolleyes:

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

:grin::grin::grin: