1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Ron Artest On Sunday Conversation (8.3.08)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Aug 4, 2008.

1. pkboy

pkboy Member

thanks for sharing this ;)

2. Tmac-is-numero1

thye talk about the brawl way to much in these interviews, but i like artest's determination, thanks again batkins

3. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

I like the fact that the organization cant say anything for a couple of weeks, that way they are tired of talking and making up stuff by the time the do the official press conference :cool:

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Two thoughts to add to this comment:

1. this is why you absolutely re-sign Carl Landry. You have to mitigate the risk of the uncontrollable.

2. the guy is freakin' loony. I love it, and think we need the attitude on this way to laid back team, but be careful what we wish for, cause he can make things very unfomfotable

5. MystikArkitect

I do feel bad for the guy. No matter what he does, every interview with him shows the same clip of him charging into stands and punching some guy who threw a beer at him. It's been 4 years. I didn't hear anything "forced" in his tone of voice. What I heard was him mentioning Scola, Rafer, Barry and Adelman while Steven kept talking. I heard him talking about how we're destined, how he's destined, to be a champion. What's not to like? I can't wait till he proves these doubters and nay sayers wrong.

6. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Maybe Artest's swagger will make McGrady start believing in himself again. McGrady has mega self-confidence issues. over the years he's really started doubting he's ability. maybe someone like ron who is a warrior will force tracy to start playing to he's up most potential again.

BTW, anyone notice at the end how SAS was trying to get ronn mad, artest was just saying the names of the players. smith was saying what are you will to sacrafice and artest was saying brent barry, scola, battier, . he looked like he was gonna getup and knock Smith's grill in the ground. :D

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

thank you. (awards gold star)

And, agree with Will's post. This interview is the one that really got me into worry land (please ignore my sig for just one post, lol). I like him, and will be rooting for him, but he does not come across as a healthy lad just now.

8. ableli

ableli Member

i think he is a good guy and he can control himself in the future.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac doesn't lack self-confidence. he's only doubting his ability b/c of injuries and rightfully so. there are certain nights he just doesn't have it. if he doesn't have confidence in himself, no way he would put up 27, 8, 7 in the playoffs after struggling through the last 15 games of the season.

he just has to be healthy.

10. AGBee

AGBee Member

I dunno, he's just one of those guys that sounds horrible on camera. Did you see the video of him singing to Paul Pierce? That was cringe inducing.

11. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

No doubt. but see what Gundy said about tracy. gundy said that "he had to re-assure tracy constantly that he still had the ability" All the negative media nonsense tends to get to him more then other superstars.. he needs to remember he still has the means and the tools to be a ultra dominante player. remember before game 6?, he promised the reporters that he'll go out there and go out there and get . he did excaxtly that because he believed in himself.

Tracy is still got it. i dont buy the notion hes game has vanished. Sure he" not the high flying monster he was in orlando, but he still is a top 5 or at the very least top ten player when he's focused and confident in he's ability to excecute.

12. Savage Garden

Savage Garden Member

I love ron now !
    we will be the champion !

13. Precision340

Precision340 Member

no worries.. stephen a. smith will be alright.. i'm also rooting for him