1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Rockets v Bulls 98

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dischead, Sep 25, 2006.

1. dischead

dischead Member

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

3. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

Man i really Miss Hakeem !! :( :eek: :(

4. ClutchCityReturns

EDIT: Nevermind.

#4 ClutchCityReturns, Sep 25, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  5. ClutchCityReturns

Don't watch this game unless you like to be depressed.

Hakeem just wasn't himself and Charles could put two solid plays together all game. Then again, Matt Maloney and Brent Price just gave me a new found appreciation for Rafer Alston.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

heh, Joe Stephens, he graduated at my high school and Charles Jones just turned 41 2 days before that game, and Barkley was our 6th man... wow.. those were the days...

Memories, Email, Brent Price, and Maloney, those were the days when we needed a PG badly....

I thought this was the game where the Rockets beat the Bulls before the all star break where Rodman and Barkley didn't play in which I do have that game on tape, but that game was in '97.

Bob Costas said it best at the end of the game, Doug Collins mentioned if the next game they have the Rockets on NBC if they are able to reload and push for a playoff run and Costas mentioned "Or does this serve notice, offically and finally, that the glory days are long past, and that there is no reserve in the tank" and god forbid, he was right.

7. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

actually watch the game, notice how hakeem is still very very effective, he is 6/8 in the first half DESPITE terrible entry passes

what killed the rockets that year was the lack of a quality backcourt and a deflated barkley

notice how poor the entry passes are for hakeem (commentators keep bringing up that EJ is the only one who can do a post entry) ... notice how barkley has his hands on his hips near the three point line of some plays

say what you want but horry and kenny were both great at feeding teh post, they could spot up well on the three point line and they never needed a good team to wake them up ... this team played an uninspired flavor of basketball with some poor chemistry (lack of continuity/ turnovers) and some other issues

and our stars couldn't give us 2 straight quality games